• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help 2 hdd install pc wont recognize

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzfspecvr6

I have a 500 gig seagate and a 1tb seagate.

Fresh new build. I went to install windows 7, It asked me what drive i wanted to use, It did at this point recognize both hdd. Now when I go to right click computer and go to disk management to get it recognized my 1tb seagate is not there. Any soultions???

Thank you for that tip I didn't even check. Well seeing that it came up when I went to install windows, i really didnt think anything of it.

What install media? Disk or usb? You could try an initialize/format using shift+f10 at the very beginning of install.
(yeah on a phone atm)
I had a similar prob with my msata AND a reg sata using a usb drive via rufus. Disk didn't do it either. I ended up using a win 8.1 iso in ide mode, rebooted to ahci no probs. When I then went to use a win7x64 iso I got it to recognize using a usb via rufus on the front usb2 port. That was my third try. The first was a usb3 port, the second, I can't quite recall but I tried a couple different bios settings before it finally worked via the usb2 port.
Windows 8 blows hard-ugh

Last edited:
im not sure honestly... restarted pc 3 times and on the 3rd time it was up... It show up in bios but not in windows all the sudden 3rd time it showed up in windows. it was odd and im baffled, but im not complaining it works with no problems now.

Back