• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing NZXT X60?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidst95

Hi, I have a I7 4790k and been using a NZXT X60. My idle temperatures are always in the 80c range (not overclocked). It goes down a little in Extreme mode. I tried replacing the thermal paste with the Noctua brand and I think I applied the correct amount of paste but the temperature doesn't really change. Are all in one water coolers really any better then a regular CPU cooler? Thanks.

David

You either have a defective unit or have something plugged in incorrectly.

Do you have both fans plugged in to power? Do you have the pump signal and power plugged in?

I'm sorry I should say it gets into the 80c range in running games. It usually idles about 50c. I have CPU fan plugin, the SATA power cable plugged in and the USB cable plugged in correctly.

David

Thanks for the reply. I have a Corsair Vengeance Series case. I have 2 Noctua 120mm intake fans in the front, 2x 140mm intake fans on the side, one Noctua outtake fan on the back and 2 x 140mm fans blowing out into the NZXT radiator. I don't remember the version of the Noctua but I remember researching them before buying them for my case.

David

Are the fans and pump on the X60 running 100%?
It should be performing MUCH better than that.

How much TIM are you using?

Is the 295X2 set to exhaust on the radiator?

What's your ambient temperature?

Are the fans and pump on the X60 running 100%?
It should be performing MUCH better than that.

How much TIM are you using?

Is the 295X2 set to exhaust on the radiator?

What's your ambient temperature?

Hi, I need to update my profile. I sold my ATI card for 2x GTX 980s in SLI. The pumps and fans run at full when playing games and stress testing. Thanks.

David

Back