• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

64-bit Firefox.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Firefox 64 is not even in Beta stage yet so this is for testing purposes only.
Firefox has not had a stable *final* release in the last 8 versions. All had to be fixed shortly after the final release with an incremental x.0.1 version. Their Betas are definitely buggy and Auroras are even worse... :(

I hold my breath every time I update a final version, fully expecting x.0.1 is to come, hoping it's nothing that would crash my system.
Current version 37 was worse than usual, they had to pull 37.0 from auto-updates almost immediately after final release the other day, 37.0.1 was just released earlier this evening. I hope they find a way to test these better...

Is this any difference to waterfox?

Yes, more nagging, reporting back to Mozilla and features that ordinary users don't want or (usually) need. Minimal customisation available.

If you want a 64-bit Firefox, go with Pale Moon. Gets rid of a bunch of crap nobody wants in their browser, too.
https://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-win64.shtml
Agreed. Been using it for years, stability, customisation, speed, ... it's a great browser.

I'm using it(64 bit Firefox) on a Windows 10 evaluation since yesterday, which really hasn't given me time to see if there are any flaws or problems. Might as well find out if its worth using as a default browser.

Last edited:
Back