• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CLOUDY WATERCOOLING TUBING!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Throw it out. These kits, if not almost all kits come with crap tubing honestly. Buy a retail box of PrimoChill Advanced LRT and call it a day. Have some extras for human error, etc.

Sounds like a good idea, i will wait for a while until i have the extra to spend ive already spent alot on this damn setup haha..may i ask what makes this tubing so much better or hiw does it avoid clouding? A noob myself i dont know the difference but wanna know why thanks :)

Sounds like a good idea, i will wait for a while until i have the extra to spend ive already spent alot on this damn setup haha..may i ask what makes this tubing so much better or hiw does it avoid clouding? A noob myself i dont know the difference but wanna know why thanks :)

It avoids clouding and plasticize. They also have a nice assortment of colors if you choose to go down that path.

The reason that I asked on what kit you had, I had gotten the older kit. Like GTXJackBauer said QUOTE" They had issues with some reservoirs where the res would warp and spring a leak. I had mine for 3 months and then I noticed a big pool of coolant at the bottom of my case:(

@GTXJackBauer: do you have a link for the tubing?? I need to convert mine as I have been running blue/UV coolant. Colored coolant will also leave the tubing cloudy.

Thank You For Your Time
In Reading And Replying

Sure. Here's a link to the tubing. Just make sure to rinse out everything.

Sounds good, i have one issue..my reservoir (xspc photon 270 d5 vario) doesnt seem to open up. it only has the fill port. but inside the glass walls there are some smudges and lines left from the residue and gunk of past buildups.is there any way to open this? or is there any thing i can put in the loop the help clean it from the inside? ive tried vinegar and dish soap to no avail...doesnt seem to work..any ideas?:screwy:

Warmer distilled is my guess.

Also, what was your mixture with your vinegar? I'd probably tell you to make it stronger but its walking a fine line because you don't want to destory the o-rings most likely insulating the reservoir together.

Warmer distilled is my guess.

Also, what was your mixture with your vinegar? I'd probably tell you to make it stronger but its walking a fine line because you don't want to destory the o-rings most likely insulating the reservoir together.

I used half a cup of vinegar on it, maybe almost three fourths of a cup...all i did was make it smell yucky haha

Sounds good, i have one issue..my reservoir (xspc photon 270 d5 vario) doesnt seem to open up.

You can actually unscrew the end caps off the photon. A few people have done it - The same people do state to be careful when reassembling the o-rings so that it is leak proof when sealed all back up.

XSPC even supply a small note with each Photon warning users not to disassemble the res as XSPC cannot verify that it is leak-proof once a user opens it up - They are warrantied to be leak-proof when first purchased.

I love my Photon :clap: Great "Link" Jack, best tubing on the planet :D
View attachment 162317

WOW! nice setup you got there! yes the photon is a great reservoir! have u managed to open up the ends? maybe to clean it inside or anything? do you control the pump through software or manually? i dont know where to plug it in to controll through pc

You can actually unscrew the end caps off the photon. A few people have done it - The same people do state to be careful when reassembling the o-rings so that it is leak proof when sealed all back up.

XSPC even supply a small note with each Photon warning users not to disassemble the res as XSPC cannot verify that it is leak-proof once a user opens it up - They are warrantied to be leak-proof when first purchased.

yah i heard about the warranty thing and the leak proof thing...so its not some kind of like air tight seal kind of a thing? im kinda scared of doing it tbh haha...your saying the complete caps at the end can come off?

No, I have not opened the photon. You could use some distilled water and some lemon juice, give it a good shaking. The pump is a D5 Vario and I have it set on speed no.4. Plug the 4 Pin Molex into a 4 Pin Molex coming from your PSU and the 3 Pin Tacho Output, blue(RPM) into the CPU fan header on the motherboard, you'll be good to go. :) Techjesse

yah i heard about the warranty thing and the leak proof thing...so its not some kind of like air tight seal kind of a thing? im kinda scared of doing it tbh haha...your saying the complete caps at the end can come off?

Yeh obviously it should be an air/water tight seal when assembled. Since the tube is glass, the ends must be pressed up against some form of seal(s) whereas most acrylic tube reservoirs have threaded ends.

The plastic/Delrin end caps on the Photon apparently just screw off but I have not seen one un-assembled myself.

Back