• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to water cooling, need some pointers on getting started.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you're building with new gear there is NO need for that. That's for if you were trying to KILL anything growing in your system or if you had corrosion.

80+ posts and a month in... why isn't this built and running yet?! :p

I kid...we are here to help and answer all your questions. I know it can be tough, this is a lot of information, but try not to get lost in the minutia. :)

Oh boy. That's some heavy duty stuff. I'm not sure but make sure it's bare metal in there and not some coating on the rad otherwise you can kiss it goodbye. lol

well it will be diluted and a cloth near by. or ill tape it off

Oh boy. That's some heavy duty stuff. I'm not sure but make sure it's bare metal in there and not some coating on the rad otherwise you can kiss it goodbye. lol

Are you using this for your initial cleaning?! If so... don't. This stuff is for removing rust and such from an aging or aged cooling system, not new.

make sure you rinse your loop really well. having that stuff lurking around your cpu and gpu blocks may not be a good idea.

oh i took the rad out now im going to rinse like 5 times and check the ph levels.

so i finally put paint in =)

IMG_20180924_132104.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180924_125741.jpg
    IMG_20180924_125741.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20180924_125735.jpg
    IMG_20180924_125735.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20180924_125018.jpg
    IMG_20180924_125018.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Well, I'm happy that you finally got it together and that we are past the build phase. I hope that you found this exercise to be fun and that you get your expected results from your new cooling system.

How much rad are you using in that loop? Reason I ask is, your GPU config isn't configured properly since you usually want to go in and out once on the GPU block and as those temps seem a bit high as most average liquid cooled GPUs stay around 40c but it could be a combination of high OCs, mining, color fluid since it will have less thermals than clear liquid etc. What's happening here is, the fluid is entering the least resistant block which I believe is the CPU as the GPU block isn't getting similar flow going through hence it's 64c temp readings. You'll have to go through the GPU to CPU back to res or rad, which ever is last inline before entering the pump. You should see temp improvements if you redo the route properly.

Back