• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Chilled Water Cooling Obsession Is Now Version 4.0.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is very good to hear,
I am in the parts are here or in the mail stage of adding a Chiller to my FD Torrent 13900KS/ Z790 Hero combo. if you would, look over the following and tell me what you think please.

Chiller to 10G tank on its own loop variable pump up to 800GPH 1/2x5/8 soft tubing
D5 pump at the tank level up 3ft into case with a pass-through PCI with Koolance QD3 quick disconnects
hose off of QD3s also 1/2x5/8 soft tubing up to D5 Next pump Res combo,
to Super Computer 13th Gen Direct Die CPU cooler also QD3s here, back to tank.
Not sure what speeds Tank loop to cooler or D5s tank-CPU loop will need to run, Suggestions?

I am in the parts are here or in the mail stage of adding a Chiller to my FD Torrent 13900KS/ Z790 Hero combo. if you would, look over the following and tell me what you think please.

Chiller to 10G tank on its own loop variable pump up to 800GPH 1/2x5/8 soft tubing
D5 pump at the tank level up 3ft into case with a pass-through PCI with Koolance QD3 quick disconnects
Not sure what speeds Tank loop to cooler or D5s tank-CPU loop will need to run, Suggestions?

Do you have any pictures?

Not yet,
I have been waiting on my SC DD for 20+ days and my D5 Next pump/res is taking it's time also..
but I have all the rest of the parts on the floor chilling lol. I need to work on the tank during the delay, it has 3/8 fittings on its in and out ports but you can't get 5/8OD hose in that ha, so I will drill them out very slowly to get the nice tight fit on each one of the 4 connections.

My very first chilled water cooling back in 2011, was actually using a 10 gallon tank reservoir, but it took too long to chill that much coolant resulting in having to freeze gallon jugs and add them to the coolant to maintain an expected chill level.

System under load could heat the water too fast, in some load testing faster than it could be cooled, resulting in needing the gallon frozen jugs, the problem was way too much coolant, but it seemed like a feasible idea at the time, and started me down 12 years of experimentation to where I am at now.

The project became too expensive because of freezing those jugs, and unknown variables like getting dust from the air on the gallon supplement jugs transporting from freezer to tank, which would corrupt a closed system, resulting in making special filters to keep that trash out of the system.

I was determined to find something that worked all the while others were sneering and jeering, telling me how stupid I was as everything had been tried as far as peltier cooling was concerned, but I am bullheaded as hell and carried on.

Not every experiment was successful to get where it is now, but it was all a learning process, along the way. That is why my present coolant reservoir holds about a pint of coolant, the smaller volume can be chilled much faster than gallons can. Controlling an expected coolant temperature vs heat load, is much easier with a smaller volume of coolant.

My very first chilled water cooling back in 2011, was actually using a 10 gallon tank reservoir, but it took too long to chill that much coolant resulting in having to freeze gallon jugs and add them to the coolant to maintain an expected chill level.

System under load could heat the water too fast, in some load testing faster than it could be cooled, resulting in needing the gallon frozen jugs, the problem was way too much coolant, but it seemed like a feasible idea at the time, and started me down 12 years of experimentation to where I am at now.

The project became too expensive because of freezing those jugs, and unknown variables like getting dust from the air on the gallon supplement jugs transporting from freezer to tank, which would corrupt a closed system, resulting in making special filters to keep that trash out of the system.

I was determined to find something that worked all the while others were sneering and jeering, telling me how stupid I was as everything had been tried as far as peltier cooling was concerned, but I am bullheaded as hell and carried on.

Not every experiment was successful to get where it is now, but it was all a learning process, along the way. That is why my present coolant reservoir holds about a pint of coolant, the smaller volume can be chilled much faster than gallons can. Controlling an expected coolant temperature vs heat load, is much easier with a smaller volume of coolant.
Hmm, if I had read your comment on the 10Gal tank not working sooner I likely would have not done this project, but I tried the pump and chiller in a 5gal bucket as a test and it kept it very cool, 13C but, that was with no heat source being added so i figured more is good ha.. but non the less, all the parts are here but a pump so I will start my frankincense chiller setup soon, maybe chillers have advances since then or maybe you will get a good chuckle out of, yeah I knew that was not gong to work ha.

Thank you sir, coming from you.. that is a compliment to the work.
I will put a post up on her soon and the items in it.

Keep me in the loop Please, I am interested in what you cannot see.
Is the chiller keeping the coolant constant under load?

Back