• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting RAM Frecuency in Asrock 990FX Extreme6 from 1600 to 1866

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
After 3 Hours PI Test, No freeze, No crash, no BSOD. Thats good.

The option i selected was BLEND

Sin título.jpg

I ran 3d Marks and no crashes.

The CPU Maximun, reached 51C. In Uruguay there are 26°C Today.

Mates how are you? :D

Im fine. My PC is working great but I have a question.

Finally mi Dram Voltage is 1.5 as default. They work fine at 1680mhz - dual cannel. It wasnt necesary 1.6 V.
I set finally My NB voltaje (Not cpu nb) 1.10 as default again. (its was 1.20 by me, when trying to solved the ram thing. but not necesary).
CPU voltaje off set, the same, i set finalll y as default +50Mv.

Well the qustion is that. With my CPU voltaje at 1.4 v. When I Run Pi test in blend: 1 core doesn´t load and shows this error:
Sin título.jpg

But if i set at 1.4125. Pi test Works perfect the 8 cores at 100%, long time test.

So the qusstion is if its ok at 14125 for you? Max CPU temp reaches 51 C after 3 hours.

Regards

Friends, how are you? Before giving this thread closed I wanted to share with you the last OC Bios Settings, and Ram Timings.

What do you think? 10-10-10-26-2T-39-10-300ns-5-5-5-22-8 AT 1680mhz running Stable. CPU at 4500Mhz.

Would you Change something?
Regards

Sin título.png Sin título2.jpg

Hello Mates.
in short, the least amount of memory modules , AMD handles better . The solution was to move from 4 modules to 2 .
I bought Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 2x8gb (CMY16GX3M2A2400C11) .
2400 Mhz runs perfect , practically without setting anything .

The end!

Thanks To all!!.

Pretty sure a guy in this forum or another peeled the "Extreme 6" sticker off a board recently and it actually said "Fatal1ty 990FX" underneath the sticker.

It's possible they use the same board with different components added on to it.
It'd be easy enough for them to use a different LAN chip, etc while keeping the traces the same.

I don't see the problem.
Have you looked at the specs for the two boards? They're literally using identical components except for a few audio caps.

Yeah, as I understand it the EXT 6 was to be EURO only and then it showed up over here in North America. I imagine Asrock is off and on again about paying the royalty for that name and may not have such a good rep in some arenas. If it is a KILLER board then it has no CPU_LLC and that is a real bummer for overclocking. About like Gigabyte and so many of their newer AM3+ mobos.

RGone...

I don't see the problem.
Have you looked at the specs for the two boards? They're literally using identical components except for a few audio caps.

Yeah, as I understand it the EXT 6 was to be EURO only and then it showed up over here in North America. I imagine Asrock is off and on again about paying the royalty for that name and may not have such a good rep in some arenas. If it is a KILLER board then it has no CPU_LLC and that is a real bummer for overclocking. About like Gigabyte and so many of their newer AM3+ mobos.

RGone...

Some people had a problem with it because it was advertised as a brand new board in the ASRock line up. The Fatal1ty Professional was supposedly a Crosshair wannabe while the Fata1lty Killer uses lower end components.

Some people had a problem with it because it was advertised as a brand new board in the ASRock line up. The Fatal1ty Professional was supposedly a Crosshair wannabe while the Fata1lty Killer uses lower end components.

Yeah I get that about brand new. Companies PR most often just does not get it. Asrock saw no reason to throw good PCBs away when they made changes to the components to upgrade the to an EXT 6 or in a way make a cheaper EXT 9. Been awhile now for sure but at one time there were only a few places in China that could make the PCB. The mobo makes got in line to get their new PCB made up before they ran them thru the assembly lines to assemble the motherboard itself. A motherboard company can change the proficiency of a board with soldered on components and essentially bring to the game a new motherboard...but heaven help them if they put stickers over a name of an old board and call it new when users don't know what is really going on. Nothing much new in the AM3+ mobo build conditions in a long time. Just a juggling of Nics, VRMs and the like but we have companies saying it is all like new. Hehehe. Yeah right. Sort of glad Asus did the two big-boy boards with one revision change and they have stood the test of time so far.

Customer perception is the name of the game. If it were not so you would not see advertising in the media that hypes run of the mill products as the "king" of whatever.

RGone...ster.

And even on release it was noted that there were basically no differences between the boards.
As for the advertising part, what else would you call it besides "new" when you add a board to your lineup?

Yeah I get that about brand new. Companies PR most often just does not get it. Asrock saw no reason to throw good PCBs away when they made changes to the components to upgrade the to an EXT 6 or in a way make a cheaper EXT 9. Been awhile now for sure but at one time there were only a few places in China that could make the PCB. The mobo makes got in line to get their new PCB made up before they ran them thru the assembly lines to assemble the motherboard itself. A motherboard company can change the proficiency of a board with soldered on components and essentially bring to the game a new motherboard...but heaven help them if they put stickers over a name of an old board and call it new when users don't know what is really going on. Nothing much new in the AM3+ mobo build conditions in a long time. Just a juggling of Nics, VRMs and the like but we have companies saying it is all like new. Hehehe. Yeah right. Sort of glad Asus did the two big-boy boards with one revision change and they have stood the test of time so far.

Customer perception is the name of the game. If it were not so you would not see advertising in the media that hypes run of the mill products as the "king" of whatever.

RGone...ster.

As the owner of a Gen1 and R2 Sabertooth I can say that they are way better than the other boards I had like UD3's and UD5's. I own multiple revisions of both the Gigabyte boards. I know many here don't care for APU's but I can vouch for the Crossblade Ranger and A88X-PRO being very good boards. I am very tempted to try and snag a CH5 FZ off eBay.

And even on release it was noted that there were basically no differences between the boards.
As for the advertising part, what else would you call it besides "new" when you add a board to your lineup?

Don't you think a board with a different name underneath a sticker is straddling the border of being "shifty"?

Don't you think a board with a different name underneath a sticker is straddling the border of being "shifty"?

If you have a board design that's literally the exact same with the exception of the LAN chip, audio caps, and heatsinks, why would you make a whole new PCB design?

RGone...ster.

Like shuffling a deck of cards, the cards in the deck are still the same but the order of them from top to bottom has changed and can be manipulated.

@ Chrisjames61:
You'll love the CHV-Z once you get one and try it. Even the older CHV model is good and can unlock cores if you want.
More tweaking options than you'll know what to do with, also the tweakable range of these is simply top-notch and it should be. You'll be digging for days trying to figure it all out.

We both know the Sabo is a good one too, my R2 has been nothing short of excellent since I got it.

Back