• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting an external HDMI monitor to work on Lenovo Y50

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SunnyUA

Registered
Hello

So I've recently purchased a Lenovo Y50. I need to use it for work for a few weeks. I'm trying to get it to work with an Asus ROG screen via an HDMI / DP cable. And it doesn't work. No signal on display, laptop doesn't detect the monitor. I've checked both HDMI slot and the cable and they do work. So what may I be missing? Good people, please assist.

should be able to press the fn key and one of the F keys up top should enable the second monitor.

That's right. But it doesn't work. My system just doesn't seem to detect the plugged in monitor for some reason. On PC I'd go to the multiple monitors settings in Nvidia control panel. But with this stupid Intel HD graphics card, my Nvidia options are limited.

Never mind. Apparently, one needs an HDMI / DP converter and not just an adapter to get this to work. Bummer. Looks like I'm stuck working with a single monitor for about a month now.

Back