• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DSD playback basic questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...endly_Card-DSD_Single_Rate_28MHz64fs_Download
lists a 1.60GB download for sale.

What do I need for DSD music files?

1. I have a BDP-S5100 Sony Blu-ray player that supports DSD files.
How do I play the download from that stand alone blu-ray player, is the 1.60GB download somehow burned onto a DVD blank? Or burned onto a Blu-ray blank?

2. My receiver's manual says "The compatible signals via the HDMI terminals are: [...] SACD (DSD 2 ch only)"
Does that mean that there are receivers out there that support more than 2 channels and my receiver is inferior when it comes to DSD playback because it "only" supports 2 channels? Does the download I linked to contain more than 2 channels?

3. I have an ATi Radeon HD 7870 video card and an Asus Xonar DX sound card, do they support DSD, do any video cards support DSD, is HDMI required for DSD?

4. There are guides on how to playback DSD from your computer but don't you need hardware to take advantage of the full quality of DSD, not just software?

Thank you for posting if you know the answers...

Back