• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer won't exit from Bios into boot mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madmax0525

Computer is an Asus laptop with AMI bios. I replaced the hard drive due to the failure of the old one and loaded Windows 7 32 bit with another computer. The laptop has no dvd drive. It had Windows 8 on it with a touch type screen. Now it recognizes the new HDD correctly as an HGST 500 gb Sata type 3. When you power it on it goes into Bios and you can modify anything but it won't select the HDD for booting. It shows a wireless card as the only possible boot device. When you exit from BIos it goes right back to the bios.

This is Ami bios type 2.0.36.1019.

Thanks for any help.

Do you have a setting in the BIOS to pick boot device order?

Computer is an Asus laptop with AMI bios. I replaced the hard drive due to the failure of the old one and loaded Windows 7 32 bit with another computer. The laptop has no dvd drive. It had Windows 8 on it with a touch type screen. Now it recognizes the new HDD correctly as an HGST 500 gb Sata type 3. When you power it on it goes into Bios and you can modify anything but it won't select the HDD for booting. It shows a wireless card as the only possible boot device. When you exit from BIos it goes right back to the bios.

This is Ami bios type 2.0.36.1019.

Thanks for any help.

- - - Updated - - -

The bios will not allow me to select the hdd as a bootable device. Also I cannot insert a HDD password. I'm sure one of the Bios parameters should be changed but I've tried turning most of them off or on and nothing seems to change.

madmax0525 said:
it won't select the HDD for booting.

Probably because you installed Win 7 on a different computer. Your laptop sees HDD but not as a bootable drive. Plenty of how-tos on net for install Win 7 from a Usb stick and sounds like what you may well have to do not having optical disk to use for O/S install.

Luck man.
RGone...

Thanks. I believe you are right. I'll have to put my hands on an external Dvd drive. I have something that might work, a usb device which you can hook up hdd's sata and ide and also dvds and cd players.

Back