• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying to replace psu fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrsteve0924

Cubed Beef Stew Member
i have an EVGA Supernova NEX 750G. fan started becoming noisy so i thought i would swap it out. It's a Yates Loon D14bh-12. Yates loon website says it's a 140mmx 25mm fan but it's not. it's actually a 135mm, standard 140mm fans do not fit.

anyone come across this before? i emailed EVGA, they do not have replacement fans. they suggested to RMA the PSU. I guess I could. just seems like more of a hassle. i mean the fan isnt that noisy.

any suggestions? thanks

not finding too many 135mm fans. also, most fans are .18 amps. current fan is .7. i did connect some of the 140mm replacement fans i bought to the PSU just to see if they would work and they spun way too slow. I'm assuming the PSU steps down the voltage when the PC is at idle. Maybe this worked ok for the .7 amp fan but not a .18 amp fan.

Why would you open it if they were willing to RMA it?
That makes no sense whatsoever. :-/

I would check with EVGA to see if you'll void it's warranty if you replace the fan.

Here here!!! Don't play inside a psu unless you know what you are doing. You also void the warranty by opening it up.

But scanning down increase see that was covered. Lol!

RMA the thing...

Back