• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chiru81

I have a fx-8120 with a motherboard asus crossahair formula V and i like to change my cpu to fx-8350, this change is realy notorious on the performance of my system.

actual configuration

CPU AMD fx-8120

Motherboard ASUS crosshair formula V

RAM 16gb 2x8 corsair vengeance (1600)

GPU shappire R9 280x vapor-x trix

Power supply Antec Earthwatts EA650 650W

Chassis Antec - Nine Hundred Two

Thanks

I have a fx-8120 with a motherboard asus crossahair formula V and i like to change my cpu to fx-8350, this change is realy notorious on the performance of my system.

actual configuration

CPU AMD fx-8120

Motherboard ASUS crosshair formula V

RAM 16gb 2x8 corsair vengeance (1600)

GPU shappire R9 280x vapor-x trix

Power supply Antec Earthwatts EA650 650W

Chassis Antec - Nine Hundred Two

Thanks

I'm not sure what the question here is.
Are you asking if you can switch from the 8120 to the 8350?

Are you asking if you are able to upgrade to the 8350, or are you asking if you should upgrade?

NINJA'd by ATM

Are you asking if you are able to upgrade to the 8350, or are you asking if you should upgrade?

NINJA'd by ATM

upgrade

- - - Updated - - -

My mother supports 8350 but wanted to know if there really is a big difference? between 8120 and 8350

Do you currently overclock your 8120? Do you plan on overclocking? The 8350 will be better for some tasks, but depending on what you are doing, you may not notice it. If you can get it for cheap or free I would do it, otherwise I would have to wait and see what your specific use would be.

If you are already overclocking, it wont be worth the upgrade, not really. Typically speaking, it seems steamroller chips overclock further than piledriver chips from what I've seen floating around. If you have a dud chip that wont overclock very well, it may be prudent to get an 83x0 (really shouldn't matter which version you get if you're overclocking), but if you're in the mid 4's on air, I would keep what you have personally.

FX-8350 @ NewEgg > $169.99. Is the performance difference as shown in ATMINSIDE's link worth that much money? Each user must make up his very own mind. Take some time in use to make the purchase cost effective today is my thinking. But to each his own. If one thinks they want and need a cpu upgrade, then go for it. It does not matter much what someone else thinks anyway in those situations.

RGone...

If you are just using it for general computing and gaming, I would recommend against upgrading

Seems like the OP answered his own question: "this change is realy notorious on the performance of my system". According to Dictionary. com, notorious means, "widely and unfavorably known".

Back