• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for advice for final build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skullman85

Hello,
This would be my first post here, since i finally am able to build a new rig:clap:, anyways is been a while since i built one and wanted a second opinion. The build i am aiming for is:

CPU: AMD FX-9590 Vishera 8-Core 4.7 GHz Socket AM3+ with CCorsair Hydro Series™ H110i
MoBo: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (thanks Kenrou for your help)
GPU: (2x) ASUS Radeon R9 380 STRIX-R9380-DC2OC-4GD5-GAMING 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 (air cooled)
PSU: EVGA 220-P2-1200-X1 80 PLUS Platinum 1200 W
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Computer Case
Storage: Corsair Force 3 SSD ATA (for OS) and WDC WD ATA 1 tb.

Right now my main concern is that my GPU and CPU work well with the mother board and that my power supply is big enough to handle everything.:confused:

I am just getting it set up and sometime in the future i plan to change my GPU from air cooled to liquid, so for now i plan to put many fans haha.

Well i really appreciate your suggestions:thup:, Thanks for your time:salute: and have a great Sunday!

Last edited:
I went with my friends advice on this one, and went with the flow... what would be recommended?

Depends on what you're gonna use the PC for ? gaming, work, video/image editing ?

i like the large cases because its easier for me to work with.

- - - Updated - - -

the pc will be used mostly for gaming and for image editing.

Again depends on what you put it in :D sound dampening does a good job, but it wont really help if you put 5000rpm fans in it. The GP-14 that come with it are very good, at 100% you hear more air movement then the fan itself, my NH-D15 same, but the GPU... well no going around that unless you water cool them or run a custom fan curve :p and you will almost always hear background pump noise with watercooling, which makes me want to tell you to upgrade the h90 to at least a Nepton 280L or h110i because you have a VERY hot CPU there, especially if you decide to overclock.

Edit : there are a few pages on that beast on the Hardware/CPU/AMD CPU or Hardware/Cooling section, you might want to check it out before deciding :thup:

Last edited:
The h110 was my first choice but i went to the h90 since i like having where the rear fan goes and wanted to leave some open for when i change the GPU to liquid cooling (at this point i didn't know what case to use), and now you recommended the Define R5 and i liked it haha, there is one more reason i liked it, it's simplicity would keep my 2 minions uninterested.

thanks for the link. i be reading it.

Back