• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP ! new PC Crashing for last 3 months

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FarKew

Registered
Hello OC

i am new and this is my 1st post I been have this problem for 3 months, i got my PC off PC case gear,

Gigabyte GAMING-G1-WIFI Motherboard

ASUS PG278Q ROG Swift 27in 144Hz G-Sync Gaming Monitor

Intel Core i7 5820K

Cryorig R1 Universal CPU Cooler

2 X Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X Overclocked 4GB (running crossfire)

Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M4A2800C16 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4

Corsair AX1200i Digital ATX Modular Power Supply

Silverstone Raven RV05B-W Case with Window

Samsung 850 EVO Series 500GB SSD

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit OEM

any game or even steaming video's a friend said this would be the 3d settings of the card's, but I cant even watch/play a game with out , it crashing to the desktop then it thinks it has recoved but it hasn't still on desktop.

I have sent the CPU RAM MOTHERBOARD AND BOTH THE GPUS to PC Case Gear and they tested it all and said my motherboard was faulty so they sent it all back after about a month with a new motherboard. as well as new monitor as it was faulty as well.

so i got it all back but it all but together and play my 1st game of dota 2 (45 mins or so) with out it crashing i thought the problem was gone then BAM! :mad:(2 mins) as i was about to pick a hero it CRASHED !..:mad:

so i sent them back to PC Case Gear and they said they tested them and they are fine.....:bang head

Testing Report for RA 60152 Date: 15-05-2014

Products:

Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X Overclocked 2GB

Serial numbers: SN145051101004 and SN145051101005

Testing Setup:

Bench 1: MSi X99 SLI Plus, Intel 5820k, Corsair AX860, Samsung 120gb SSD, 4x4gb Crucial DDR4@2133Mhz

Bench 2: MSi Z87-GD65, Intel 4590, Enermax 860W, Crucial 120gb SSD, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3@1600Mhz

Bench 3: Gigabyte Z68x-UD3R-B3, Intel 3470, Corsair AX860, Fujitsu 60gb SSD, Corsair XMS3 4gb@1600Mhz Bench 4: ASRock Z77-Extreme 4, Intel 2500k, Enermax 860W, Intel 730 Series 120Gb SSD, G.Skill 4gb@1600Mhz

All testing is performed on Windows 8.1.

Testing Report:

Testing spanned 6th May – 15th May: Each graphics card was tested on each of the above test benches both individually and in a crossfire setup. Each time tests and benchmarks were performed the results were normal with the cards performing to manufacturer specified levels without issue.

Graphics benchmarks used are as below:

Furmark Benchmark

Unigine Valley Benchmark

3D Mark (All Tests)

The cards were then further tested over an extensive period of 8 hours on bench 1. During this time period the cards were run through Unigine Valley Benchmark in loop mode and no graphical or system issues were present. After this test was completed the system was then put through 20 repeated system restarts with no fault found.

Findings:

The graphics cards function perfectly.

and i guess you guys like some event viewer logs
new crash.png new crash1.png

as you can see they happen randomly and they are not over heating, I have try a lot of things
looking at post try to fix it, No suck luck I try fresh installs of card driver old and new ones ,OS as well . done this about 4 to 5 times

PLZ HELP I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO ANY MORE :confused:

Thanks FarKew

Although it may seem counter intuitive, games and benchmarks hit your gpu in different ways sometimes. If its black screening, thats pretty indicative of either your ram or gpu. You're also running crossfire, which has its own unique set of problems. Have you tried running with just ONE card?

Yeah, your event viewer says the same thing. Take out your crossfire and try one card at a time.

My system was having similar things. I could (quite literally) benchmark my 290 all day, 24/7 on any of those tests without error. Wound up crashing on flash objects of all things. Had to swap my bios on the card to sort that one.

The first place I would look is to try swapping drivers (which you did). If you are seeing a black screen and recovering, I would look there again... which drivers did you try already?

That said, I would also look into replacing two midrange cards with 2GB each (you do NOT add up the vRAM in CrossfireX, note) with one single card. Either a 980 or a 290/290x. That would solve half the problem there (no more multiple GPUs for little reason). Many games these days will easily break 2GB use at 2560x1440 resolution (When using High/Ultra settings).

1.2KW PSU is overkill by leaps and bounds, but that isn't the issue, LOL!

Last edited:
Hey guys
yes i have try run one card at a time sorry forgot to say that, even try each card by it self same thing happening maby take a little longer was all even try turning crossfire off

i have a 1gb card I try, I got off a mate and try that only thing is my monitor has displayport only LOL

so hooked it to the Tv and didnt crash but i did'nt have my 270x for like a months waiting for Pc case Gear to send them back so i going to try that as well later after the misus has gone to bed

and as for the drivers i when off the top my head the lasts beta atm coz i got GTA 5 that crashs

and i think i when 4 back from the non beta one not sure what there i will have to look them up

and what and how did you Had to swap my bios on the card to sort that one.

Thanks i be here so keep it come lets solve this

2gb isn't enough for 1440p. Shouldnt be crashing dota, that game uses like 1.5gb on 4k.

Also, did you physically remove the card, use DDU to remove the drivers, then reinstall the single card, or did you simply turn off crossfire in CCC?

What are the temperatures on the cards when this happens?
You can see if there is a new BIOS for your GPU by going to the MFG website and see if there is one to DL. There should be instructions with it.
I would also look into updating the motherboard BIOS as well...

Honestly. I would sell that 1.2KW PSU, both of your 270s, buy a EVGA GS650 PSU, and with the remainder, buy a single video card (GTX 980/R9 290/290x. I would imagine that would solve your problem. You have added complexity where none was needed (2 GPUs) and that PSU isn't doing squat as your system as stands wont break 400W with everything running 100%.

that what i was thinking i have x 2 gb cards and still crashing

thanks @earth ill have look see if i see any can u see if u can see any for my cards as well would help

and @bob4933 yer i know and yes i did both turned off crossfire in ccc and pulled out a card and reinstalled it all.

i understand but we should be able to get it to work or ill just call fair trade and make them lol i am so over it i payed like 6k for this pc and it like a paper weight.
i have a lappy with 2gb gpu in that works fine with dota 2 arrrrrrr
and with the MOB BIOS there is only one for non what i have on it :(

anyother ideas ?

Last edited:
and with the MOB BIOS there is only one for non what i have on it

Im not sure what you are saying.......

Here is the BIOS page: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5126#bios

Do you have BIOS F9, is that what you are saying?

If you paid $6K for that machine, you got ripped off pretty bad. That could be built, with a monitor/keyboard/mouse/windows for well under $2K.....

hey mate
i cmd and it says it F5
so what one you think i should get ?

and yer payed 5.5k or somthing around that yer i not that happy with what i have got cant play any thing .

Well, if you look at the link I provided, F9 is the latest non beta BIOS. I would upgrade to that.

ok thanks mate ill give it ago let you know how my findinds go

Thanks heaps for your time

Hey Trebts umm no i havn't buy PC case Gear did test not sure how they did but they said it was fine and my mother board was bad so got a new one .

and just watch the t15 in dota 2 and now i just got a black screen crash :(

any ides thanks every one keep it coming

Did you flash the bios on the motherboard yet? Look for one for the gpu?

Ram typically doesn't cause driver errors, but it's worth a shot to test.

yes i am runing F9 now and i did a DDU to the pc and then put one card in and put latest driver on it and crashed once
ill run mem test when i go to bed/tomorrow if u like and post findings

A lot of people are saying that installing just the driver, and not CCC along with it, helps take care of a lot of problems. Maybe try that?

A lot of people are saying that installing just the driver, and not CCC along with it, helps take care of a lot of problems. Maybe try that?

Running crossfire with out ccc requires some significant manual registry manipulation and probably will be incredibly unstable. For a single card,this is the "go to" fix tho

Ed I'm just not totally convinced it's a driver issue. He's messed around with different cards and different drivers and also replaced the mobo already. What's left? RAM for one.

this is sounding like a need to disable ulps to me, it just sounds like it crashes when it is unloaded.

sorry guys had to go to bed last night was so tired

ok doin a memtest for you guys today ill post the findings.

@caddi i havnt heard this one befor , i looked it up and it say it turns one card off when not using it and a power saver mode,
as i am running the one card, now try to fix this crash with the one card and ill add the other one after and run it in crossfire but for now i guess let try and get one card work without crashing

@Bob as i am runing one card ill try reinstall driver with out ccc as well

If any one else going anything i be here waiting. try thing to fix this PC

thanks again guys keep it coming

Back