• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia GT620 not recongized by Intel-based motherboards. Very weird.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

This started in the motherboard section but I thought I'd put it where it belongs 'cause it turns out to be a GPU issue rather than a motherboard problem.

I have this Nvidia GT 620 card that is not recognized by any Intel-based motherboard I've stuck it in but runs fine in the two AMD boards I have on hand right now. Card has 1gb of DDR3 ram. I cannot find anything on the internet where others are having a problem like this. Any ideas?

My only idea is that it's a RAM incompatibility issue. Some main system RAM (like Kingston DDR value RAM) will work in older AMD systems but not in Intel systems of the same vintage.

I have looked for the tools to do this but can't find the right stuff. All the tools seem to predate the card. The only tools I can find that would seem to work on this card have to do with modding the bios for more performance rather than simply updating it. Nvidia doesn't seem to offer bios updates that I can find. Do you have any links?

- - - Updated - - -

Back