• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP Taskbar Question/Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craigiz1

When I hover over a link in the system tray, I get a pop-up window that display's some type of information. (just leading up to the question/problem)
This is it: When it pop's up, it is almost alway's BEHIND the taskbar.
Got any idea's on this problem and how I can correct this?
Thanks. :confused:

are you a gamer? whenever I play a game on XP, mine does the same thing after shutting down the game...just right clickk on the desktop and choose refresh...uaually works for me, but I can't tell you why it does that to begin with...:confused:

Mine does that sometimes too,
Refreshin usly fixes it

My problem with the task bar is when i move the mouse down to get it to pop up,, it dosent :p
have to hit the windows key to get it to pop up
really anoying tho

I do game a little bit, but it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing.
And I have the same trouble about not being able to get the taskbar to pop up easily. (i keep it in auto hide) It kinda stutters berfore it pops up. This must be one of those XP bugs.
I've tried the refresh thing, but it doesn't seem to help.

:(

Go to MS and download XP Power Toys. Open it after install, go to taskbar and uncheck "Enable balloon tips". These worked for me, now when I hover the text for the icon appeared top. This was an annoying bug as I had a bandwidth meter in my taskbar I couldn't read.

Back