• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd Issue with asrock z97 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blacksun

I recently upgraded to a 4790K.
Everything installation wise went without a itch.
Installed windows 8.1, on my SSD drive, activated prdouct key and everything was fine and dandy.
But i've noticed that on a cold boot, the motherboard doesnt boot from my ssd but it looks as it tries to boot from a cd or media device, failing to do so.
I selected my SSD has the primary drive in the boot order, I did save the the settings, but every now and then, i need to mash f11 and select my SSD for it to load windows.
Any idea?
Bios version is from June 2014. (Will update later) .
Not a critical issue but rather annoying.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I have seen strange things like this happen when I install windows with two drives connected.

Did you only have the ssd installed when you did your Windows install? It is best to only have the drive you are installing to, when you install windows.

Nope both drives connected during installation.
wierdly enough, it did boot up right away, when I powered on the PC two minutes ago.
Updating bios anyway.

Last edited:
Sounds like a classic motherboard bios issue. (agreed Edog) :screwy:

I have seen wayyy too many issues with dual HDD configurations w/Windoze. Also, be sure you have no USB type devices connected @boot, another gotchya from MS.

Easy way to test would to just unplug that 2nd drive, cold boot in an attempt to duplicate your issue. Confirm ur BBS HDD priorities dont wack out with that 2nd drive also.

Good luck! (first post in a lonnnnnngg time - feels good to be back :thup:)

Back