• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Look at my Homemade Ramsinks:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice work. Were they something else originally or did you make them from solid chunks of metal?

They were an old P266 Heatsink, I had to cut them, resize the fins, then sand them precariously to the right size to lap them!

Ouch my fingers....:p

looking good

put thim on with some artic aluminum epoxy and thin get some actice cooling on thim and you will have a kick a$$ card and will even more pleased with yourself:)

LOLI would have dropped the cash time = money to me ! Good job though you are a die hard overclocker, and all the best with the 8500, nice card , gonna get me one in time.

Cisco KId

thats awesome. I want to try that myself. What tool did you use to cut the old heatsink?

Just make sure you overclock that video card to the max BEFORE you put those sinks on. Then again after. That way we could see how they work.

That's great! I'm cutting down some thermaltake ram sinks for my BGA memory. I'll post pics when I'm done.

I used a Hacksaw to cut them! Thats why it took so long to sand them as I didn't have them too neat;)!

I can get to 600 memory now, and 620 MAX (lower score/artifacts)

I've just ordered my Epoxy...:D

Last edited:
heh nice...you should see my GHETTO ramsinks.....i mean really who needs a sanded finish:rolleyes: ....im too lazy...lol....great job....

I think he used a hacksaw to cut them. Handy things those hacksaws...
Nah, my penny heatsinks are the most ghetto of them all. Except maybe the copper screws through a piece of silver hs I made. Thing worked like a charm...
Futura

Yup a hacksaw!

Guess what I did earlier?, I went halfway through my finger with a 120MM fan, (140CFM 5000 RPM monster) I tell you I've stuck my finger in so many fans and never got a cut but this fan sliced!

It had so much torque...never seen so much blood, took 4 hours to stop!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well its at 7 Volts now, son put an end to its first 5 seconds of terror!

Time to sleep, after:beer: , ouch....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
yeah, and you payed your price in blood for the fan. Hope it wasn't an intake fan, I can just picture this jetstream of blood flying into your case and coating everything and shorting it out. Get some fan guards, they are only a buck or so, plus, it saves on those pesky medical bills for having to get stitches...
Futura

Back