• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPUPI Tweaks and Tips.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TuKr

Alright, So I'm competing in the Formula series over at HWBOT(bbaxter18 Over there), and the GPUPI 1B- 2 Thread is irritating me... I've Pushed my 4790k to its limits on 2C non-threaded, 5140 Mhz, ram at 1600 CL7 cache at 4000Mhz and i cant seem to crack my 15min 13 second time. others have managed under 15 minutes. Their multiplier is Higher, but even at 5200 Mhz the line should be at about 15Min flat. All the top scores are with a 4790k. can anybody give me a hand. I cant figure it out. The 15min 5sec is the one I'm looking to overtake, but I'm sure that .3 Mhz on the Clock would not make up the 8 seconds. I've tried it with my cache at 4700 but there was no discernible performance increase.

Can anybody help me increase my time. Ram adjustments, OS tweaks, CPU setting Tweaks, any thing that will help, I cannot get 52x stable. Ive looked into a Waza but i couldnt get it working properly. Notes on that if any would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

I would say crank up the cache speed. 4000 is basically stock

Search for "gpupi" and see if any pop up in public. :)

(I'm mobile or I woukd...sorry)

You're fine, I can handle a little bit of leg work, But no, no useful information for what I'm after, about 16 threads popped up... Hopefully ill be able to join up shortly. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Like was said earlier, cache speed. The guy with 36 pts has 4500 cache and memory is at 2400 8-12-8 also try different batch and reduction sizes. I notice the guy in first has 1m and 32. This can make a big difference. I see he also has a sweet chip(5.4) and ram at 2700.
PS: I was looking for bbaxter on here before wondering who was posting on our team. Thanks , now I know hwo yu are

I was Playing with my ram timings Last night and never got around to the bench. I'll report back with what i find here in a bit. Thanks for the reply

Don't be afraid to give the ram some extra volts. DDR3 can run at 1.85v with air movement like a fan quite safely. For testing ram efficiency I like to use Aida64 and use AIsuite to adjust voltages. With testing. You nedd to adjust the voltage gradually for the memory and test just like a CPU. I find too much volyage can affect efficiency.

Don't be afraid to give the ram some extra volts. DDR3 can run at 1.85v with air movement like a fan quite safely. For testing ram efficiency I like to use Aida64 and use AIsuite to adjust voltages. With testing. You nedd to adjust the voltage gradually for the memory and test just like a CPU. I find too much volyage can affect efficiency.

I've been adjusting the other timings one at a time in bios but all under 1866, on the g3258(using corsair dominator platinum). i managed to get 1866 8-9-8 24 175 1T. i was using maxmem just to monitor scores and ensure that i was moving the correct direction. I'm trying to get a grasp on all of it still. I moved back over to the 4790k and jesus i can see Huge system Differences between the IMC's. Plus I'm having inconsistencies in stable boots still, currently stock voltages and settings. XMP at 9-10-9-27 2T. I'm starting to think that it has more to do with windows growing unstable from BSOD's than my processor being unstable. but i have no idea. If i get tired of dicking with the uncooperative 4790k then i might move back over to the g3258 and test some more. Thanks for the tip, What will the voltages actually do, Are they just for Higher frequencies, or do they help stabilize lower timings?

Just a warning, playing with ram can corrupt your bios as well as windows. If these weird issues persist I would reflash the bios myself. Maybe try a good CMOS clear first.

I flashed to a new BIOS last night, then i gave up playing with the ram and figured it was OS problems, and i found a slightly better set of ram I'm going to pick up today. Swapping my Dominator Platinum 1866 CL9 for Dominator GTs 2000 CL9. half the cost and a bit more enthusiast, less gaming build. Then, i think I'm done with parts for a bit lol. They know me by name up there. On Corsairs Website these are listed for overclocking, "hand selected" chips meant to be able to be flexible. The platinums were a bit to flashy for me anyway. Ill let you know how it goes. Maybe I can Squeeze CL8@2400 out of them.

I know but a man can dream right :santa:

It takes some older PSC kits to run CL8 at 2400. If you're lucky you might get 9-11-11 or 10-12-12. I have some gskill sniper that'll runn 10-12-11 at 2500+ but it takes some voltage to do it.

@TuKr , make a new thread and post some more details about memory ( ( photo, revision number, screenshot from CPUZ/AIDA64 or something like that ) and we can give you some more advices about setting it for benching.

@TuKr , make a new thread and post some more details about memory ( ( photo, revision number, screenshot from CPUZ/AIDA64 or something like that ) and we can give you some more advices about setting it for benching.

I'll Do that, this one is starting to grow a bit.

So i wanted to add an update to the original thread topic, the gpupi score is improving since the new ram, and tweaks that i have made to it with the tips from woomack (thanks again). But what has really made me ponder is the fact that my overclock has become far more efficient. With the original ddr3 Platinums i was running 1600@cl7, 51x1.52 with no wiggle room. It would complete a bench and stay stable. Now with the GT ddr3, ive pushed them to 2600@cl11 but my OC is currently [email protected] rock solid stable... were talking bomb proof. And i havent even tried to drop voltage yet. I just set 1.45 based on past research and its stable. So i want to say that i didnt have a crappy IMC, i just had horrible ram that appeared to overclock but really it just drug my processor down. Has anybody experienced something like this before?

Back