• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD releases 15.7 WHQL drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On win7pro x64 15.7 is 15kPPD slower at GPU_FAHA than 14.9, but if it doesn't crash, it's worth it. I'll take 100% of 90% any day over 70% of 100%.

It's good to have real win 10 drivers on hand for the soon to be released RTM.

I hope it will solve issues with R7 370. Card which I have stuck at 925MHz in some tests, mainly in 3DMark 2013. Core clock is 1000MHz and I can set it easily above 1200MHz but when I run 3DM then it drops to 925MHz. It was happening on last 2 driver series but maybe 15.7 will fix it. I have to check it later today.

With 15.6 I also had random black screens or artifacts in some tests/games on 290X. Weird was that it wasn't all the time and sometimes OS restart was fixing it.

With 15.6 I also had random black screens or artifacts in some tests/games on 290X. Weird was that it wasn't all the time and sometimes OS restart was fixing it.

I had the same issues with R7 260x. So far so good on 15.7

I attempted to play some Witcher3 over my lunch break and was getting 40-45fps with dual 290x at 2560x1440 with settings on high (hairworks off). Pretty disappointing. I'll have to try DDU and reinstall to see if it improves things. Otherwise meh, at least for that game and their crossfire profile.

Already a freakin' bug with these :rolleyes: After uninstalling the 15.5's, using DDU and installing these, my mouse pointer just got HUGE! Went to mouse pointer properties and nothing seems to revert it back to it's normal size. Back to the 15.5's I go.

Dammit.

Welp reverting to the 15.6's betas fixed the issue. Unsure why updating display drivers as usual made my mouse pointer go wonky. Never had that issue before.

Last edited:
I attempted to play some Witcher3 over my lunch break and was getting 40-45fps with dual 290x at 2560x1440 with settings on high (hairworks off). Pretty disappointing. I'll have to try DDU and reinstall to see if it improves things. Otherwise meh, at least for that game and their crossfire profile.

Update regarding this, I found that the amd evolve software changed my setting from full screen to borderless window. Because of that crossfire didn't work. Changed to full screen and had a constant 60fps.

I'm not even installing gaming evolved thingy. It's making everything to work worse in my case. Today I checked 290X in some various tests and 15.7 fixed some visual problems what were happening in 15.6 - artifacts etc.

On R7 370 15.6 and 15.7 are working the same. No artifacts etc but in some tests clock is dropping to 925MHz while it supposed to be 1000MHz ( stock in 3D ).

I wish to see some performance improvements in whql version.

I don't game or do much 3D work, but my folding with two HD 7870 cards is finally stable 24/7. I only lost ~7% PPD rate vs 14.9. 150kPPD > 70% of 160kPPD.

I'm not even installing gaming evolved thingy. It's making everything to work worse in my case. Today I checked 290X in some various tests and 15.7 fixed some visual problems what were happening in 15.6 - artifacts etc.

On R7 370 15.6 and 15.7 are working the same. No artifacts etc but in some tests clock is dropping to 925MHz while it supposed to be 1000MHz ( stock in 3D ).

I wish to see some performance improvements in whql version.

I normally don't either, accidentally left it checked and it 'optimized' for me

So far it's causing me no end of grief. Had to completely uninstall then reinstall , can't OC the GPU more than 50 MHz , and all the OC functionality of CCC is gone. That section isn't in CCC at all , just gone.

Edit: I'm still getting flickering , mostly in Media Center. Seems like the last couple releases didn't have much concern for the "old" cards. Bummer.

Last edited:
I still have 14.12 , and I think I may use that. I got better Catzilla scores with it. Mostly because I could set the memory clock at 1800 MHz and the GPU at 1250 MHz. Those settings made me happy with my $99 card. If I had to use the last few releases from AMD I'd get pissed and go looking for a Team Green card.

Immediately after installing 15.7, I got some really weird texture stretching in TF2 (e.g. soldier's nose pulled out across the whole screen), but haven't seen that again since rebooting.

Yup, the same weird story on 290X as I mentioned earlier in this thread. When texture issue appears then after restart all is fine. Actually it happend to me maybe 3 times only on stock clocks.
The same is while overclocking. Sometimes I get artifacts but after restart I can overclock card even higher and all looks stable for longer.

Back