• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Witcher 3] System Requirements - results Confusing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dark_forum

Hey everyone,

first post, please go easy on me and tell me to f*** off if I'm in the wrong section or completely the wrong forum lol.

So, here is the thing. I use a website which you guys may be familiar with: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri (Can You Run It - CYRI) to check out my PC specs against new games before I buy them.

Generally I don't have a problem and can run most games however this issue with my GPU keeps popping up and I thought some smart ppl here may be able to shed some light.

Witcher 3 recommended settings comes up as a fail due to my GPU, but here is the report that CYRI spits out

vpu6ma.jpg

After all that intro can someone please explain why my GPU fails when it seems I pass both shader tests & vRAM test

Thanks for your help and look forward to being apart of this community :)

because you have a 7970/280x, and the recommended card is a r9 290, which is a step above your card.

Do you actually have 24Gb of ram? What configuration is that in? 3x8gb? 2x8gb+2x4gb? I would recommend using matched sticks as opposed to a random combination. You'll get better performance that way. :thup:

Back