• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice from the gods :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you're worried about summer, all you got to do is see what Delta-Temps you get out of your setup now.

Nonetheless, temps look great. Would be nice if we could see some pics of your setup. :D

she aint pretty and about to clean her out and hide a few cables (live in bush tends to get dusty quick) ................ remember this was first water build ... i just threw sabertooth board and fx chip in 20150728_220251.jpeg 20150728_220305.jpeg 20150728_220331.jpeg

Attachments

• 20141231_143633.jpg
    20141231_143633.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
DLH just an FYI, the temp sensors on the Fx chips are not accurate until about 40c while under load. Hence the reason why you see a 11c idle temp on the package using ambient cooling in a 18c room.

yeah i didn't think they was i normally use core temp with gadget which seem fairly spot on with what water loop sensor was showing .... so is it safe to say loop sensor is fairly near actual temp as at idle the software shows 25..water sensor is with 2-3 degrees of software ..

also thinking about what you said about vrm might see if the is a ram cooler ??? i can mod as the heat sink is same length as ram and also gonna order 2 fans to go behing motherboard

cheers man .... she aint great but ill get there just had another kid so slowed things abit

wanna get tube and go push pull on the 360's and 240 with good fans probably corsair also finish lighting (plus graphics cards on seperate loop)

wanna get tube and go push pull on the 360's and 240 with good fans probably corsair also finish lighting (plus graphics cards on seperate loop)

Don't need separate loops. The temp difference won't be much. Only a few degrees apart. Better off adding more rad if needed to the CPU + GPU loop.

Thats not a bad idea jack could track down another 915 case and make two radiator boxes

What's inside the top and bottom box? You have more than enough space for radiators unless you have them filled with HDs. If I recall correctly, each box can handle two 360mm.

yeah looking at another pump to keep flow up ....another 2x360mm radiators and x 120mm and possibly another 240x if i can find thin enough fans so all up id have ....

4x360mm
2x240mm
1x120mm

if that dont cool it then im moving lmao

You have more than enough rads for your setup. No need for anything else. I'm also sure the D5 can handle that whole loop. I wouldn't go no less than setting 4 on it.

After reading my past posts, try creating a signature of your PC and Loop because it can cause confusion. I read so many different threads, I can easily get run off into the ditch. lol

Now worries ...ill do sig shortly ..... would you possibly recommend upgrading my fans can I see a benefit from that (will post pics of temp now with 4x fans on back of board

idle.jpeg

Idle Temp Now

max_temps_with_prime.jpeg

temps under prime gets to this temp after 10 minutes or so but ran it yesterday for 50 minutes and was around these temps

Temps look good to me. If I recall correctly though, I hear 60c+ for AMD chips might not be good. I know their thermal limits are much lower than intels.

cheers for reply man ... given temps where i live can get 25 degrees hotter then as of late would that mean the chip will run 20 odd degrees hotter ? :/

Yes. If you house is 20C now, and gets to 30C in the summer, you will see an approximate 10C rise.

Back