• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird cracking noise coming from mobo after heating up or cool down.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Weird cracking noise coming from i think graphic card.

Hi. I have a weird cracking nosie coming from i think my graphic card, Its hard to describe really. Inno Ichill 980 Ti Ultra 3x. This usually happens as the system is coming out of load or going into load. That whenever I start ( pc heating up ) or exit a game ( cooling down ). Just a tick... tick... tick... But it seems to go away during gameplay.
For 100% its not fans. I have opened case, without panels. I think its coming from gpu backplate but i am not sure. But after game i immediately turn off computer and turn off power cord. And there was still single ticking coming from case. It can gpu material expanding or what?
please help.
Thx.
Ah and this is sounds exactly like here:

My pc:
case - Cooler Master Centurion 590
8gb ram
Corsair 750 RM
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2
Inno Ichill 980 Ti Ultra OC 3x

I merged your 3rd thread ON THE SAME EXACT SUBJECT. Please answer the questions we have already asked of you in this thread...

Let me be absolutely clear. The noise does NOT occur while I am playing but when I go back to windows and the card temperatures decrease. The noise lasts for 2-4 minutes and it than disappears completely. Or when i start to run a game and temperature raising.
Its coming from graphic card, so what to do now? Is this normal or not?

Same question as with the motherboard, did you try reseating the heatsink?

I will dont touch heatsink. I think all must be fine without touching anything.

But after game i immediately turn off computer and turn off power cord. And there was still single ticking\cracking for a while even with fans off. What can it be?

We have already speculated what it could be earlier in the thread... See post #2 and #5 for our guesses. Since you don't seem to want to post up a video of YOUR PC so we can hear the EXACT sound you are, its impossible for us to do anything but guess.

Repeating the same things over and over are not going to help. Please be sure to read the PM I sent to you several minutes ago before posting again...

We have already speculated what it could be earlier in the thread... See post #2 and #5 for our guesses. Since you don't seem to want to post up a video of YOUR PC so we can hear the EXACT sound you are, its impossible for us to do anything but guess.

Repeating the same things over and over are not going to help. Please be sure to read the PM I sent to you several minutes ago before posting again...

All of this +1

You can't know which component is doing it for sure without testing...
^^^THIS^^^^ Unfortunately we are miles away, we cannot figure out exactly where the noise is coming because we are not there. If you are not willing to do the troubleshooting in order to help you, that we are doing in our own free time. It makes it very difficult to help you.

Weird that's constantly with about the same breaks.
On new boards with "better" audio you can hear something like that while turning on PC and loading OS ( when audio is turning on ).

Back