• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on radiators

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fast96se

Im planning on watercooling my pc soon. I will be cooling my i5 4670k and 2 gtx 780 ti classifieds.

My question is regarding how many radiators to use. Currently the plan is to have a 120.3 mounted on top and a 140.2 in the front. If thats not enough I can fit a 120.2 on the bottom as well. I plan on ocing cpu to atleast 4.5ghz and hefty oc's on the gpu's. I really want to push them hard. What do you think? Two radiators or should I go with 3?

Have you read the stickies on heat? Have you visited skinnee for one place to learn what heat can be radiated in normal circumstances? Also look up xtreme systems.com

I remember the ol' rule of thumb. 100 watts of heat for each 120x1 of radiator at decent noise levels.

Mebbe dig into the stickies a bit deeper like the old folks like me used to have to. Just read a bit more. We have lots of stickies here. I wrote a few.

Do you have enuff? Probably but knowledge is key. Big OC means umm dunno, it's your adventure, your money.

Of course WCing is room temps. If you can keep your room at 70f room temps you will be fine. In the real world what are your expected room temps with 800 watts of heat exhausted into the room and the capability of your AC and your expectations on the electricity bill? My PC room was always silly hot when I was big into PC overclocks which made a diff how well my radiators did. Every +1 C in temps was +1 C in CPU/GPU temps. Gaming at 85f at 80% humidity was no fun...........

Last edited:
That amount of rad will work, just not great. You are cooling almost 600w with that setup at stock.

If you are pushing the gpus hard yoy will need to mod the bios on them due to the power limkts. Ktherwise, that isn't what most would consider hard as the power limit is generally bumped into quickly.

That amount of rad will work, just not great. You are cooling almost 600w with that setup at stock.

If you are pushing the gpus hard yoy will need to mod the bios on them due to the power limkts. Ktherwise, that isn't what most would consider hard as the power limit is generally bumped into quickly.

One of the nice parts on the Classy cards. The multiple BIOS helps you not brick it immediately.

fast96se, what waterblocks are you looking at? I was trying to find some for the 780ti Classy as well, and only really found one block, and it didn't look like it was full coverage.

One of the nice parts on the Classy cards. The multiple BIOS helps you not brick it immediately.

fast96se, what waterblocks are you looking at? I was trying to find some for the 780ti Classy as well, and only really found one block, and it didn't look like it was full coverage.

http://www.frozencpu.com/search.htm...WP&searchspec=780+ti+classified&go.x=0&go.y=0

You can chose between those two. I was told they both have equal performance. You have to order by phone tho. I ordered two of them today. I went with the nickel ones just cuz I like the look of them better

Back