• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Daisy-chaining AIO coolers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

distilld

Hey all!

I use an NZXT z73 AIO (360mm radiator) on my CPU. Recently, I acquired an Asus Strix 3080 TI with its own built-in AIO (with a 240mm radiator). I've read online that most AIOs are all made by the same company but then sold under different brand names.

Has anyone tried combining two AIOs? Its kind of bugging me to have two separate loops in my machine - don't ask me why. I guess I'm just curious if it would be feasible to combine them into a single loop to help distribute the heat from both across two radiators. Whether or not this is a good idea is a separate question. :)

Well, since they are sealed units, it's going to take some work to combine them... like splicing the tubing together...which is risky (leaks). At that point, it's time to build a custom loop IMO.

There is nothing more fun than ghetto cooling, I have done bunches of that, it never looks as good as A custom loop and never performs as well either.
Two pumps can be A bit of A pain, when one fails you have to figure out which one.

Thanks for the responses! I thought it through a little further and decided not to risk it. I ended up buying a bunch of stuff for a custom loop instead.

What parts did you get? Maybe post a thread up... anything you need to get we can help with?

I would think if you connected two radiators together to run a CPU and GPU that the one pump could handle it. That's a lot more volume to push

Back