• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Discussion Thread and Information

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But there is no good or bad... It's like arguing blue vs. green.
Some people like it - some don't - it's not about whether Metro (or anything else) is better but about if there is an option to choose? If there was an ON/OFF switch, and yes there could have been one, under Windows 8.0 Classic Shell a simple SHIFT+Click on the Start Menu gives you FULL METRO.

And by the way they promoted people who were in charge of Metro, with the amount of damage it did to the Windows brand you would have thought it would have been a clear cut "no trial - straight to execution" situation. :)
Nope. Promotion.

Aren't you underestimating the average consumer ?

I don't know if that's possible. Nigerian email scams exist because they work. Spend an hour reading random Facebook posts quoting Marilyn Monroe and Abraham Lincoln. :)

And by the way they promoted people who were in charge of Metro, with the amount of damage it did to the Windows brand you would have thought it would have been a clear cut "no trial - straight to execution" situation. :)
Nope. Promotion.

Didn't metro worked fairly well where it should, in the mobile market ? Fudzilla is saying their the least bought phones in the market but ED keeps telling me not to believe them :rofl:

I don't know if that's possible. Nigerian email scams exist because they work. Spend an hour reading random Facebook posts quoting Marilyn Monroe and Abraham Lincoln. :)

I'll remember to steer clear of those :chair: This is why i said we as a populace need to be more informed (especially the older folk), we need to know about bad stuff before they happen not after :(

This is a reasonable way to start dealing with the issue IMO. However (how can there be a however when looking at that article right?), this is similar to stores purging your credit card information after (dont quote me on this but I am reasonably sure about it) 24 hours. The problem is that our privacy is moving closer and closer to becoming currency in a digital economy. Quite frankly that is also an unnacceptable extreme. I dont know what the answer for this problem would be, and I am happy that atleast someone is stepping up to address is in any way, but I cannot like where this is going either.

Corporations treating people as a commodity is as disturbing as governments regarding people as property, and both trends are proceeding at an alarming rate.

This is why i said we as a populace need to be more informed (especially the older folk), we need to know about bad stuff before they happen not after

Unfortunately, we stopped educating younger generations as to what constitutes "bad stuff". Too many people don't understand the basics of civilized behavior. There are two kinds of bidness in the world. 1) My bidness and 2) Yo bidness. Most of the world's problems could be solved teaching children to differentiate between the two.

I thought that Ubuntu wasn't made for gaming and they generally ran much worse in it ? if so whats the point of the comparison ?

I thought that Ubuntu wasn't made for gaming and they generally ran much worse in it ? if so whats the point of the comparison ?

From the reading I have done over the ages, it seems that Ubuntu and Linux can run the games that will run. Meaning that they are competitive in games that are supported but give little to no help with games that are not. There is also a much smaller pool of games to choose from. I also just ran across an article that says (for 16.04 atleast) to give up on AMD graphics and Ubuntu. Apparently they are just flat out not supporting proprietary drivers from AMD after the last LTS. There appears to be a third party driver available, but is also not receiving official support. Pretty much a YMMV situation.

What Im getting at with that is for those planning to move to Linux because of the things Win10 is doing, there are some quid pro quos to keep in mind. While Linux is still a great alternative, it should be fully researched as well.

Kenrou, I removed a post of yours above. You know which one, and if you don't know why, you're beyond any help I can provide.

Kenrou, I removed a post of yours above. You know which one, and if you don't know why, you're beyond any help I can provide.

Yes yes yes, since no one else complained i had hoped it could stay as a valid (although slightly off subject) point. Slightly offended by that last sentence though, judgemental and unhelpful in any way, shape or form.

I shall refrain from going off topic in the future :attn:

Yes yes yes, since no one else complained i had hoped it could stay as a valid (although slightly off subject) point. Slightly offended by that last sentence though, judgemental and unhelpful in any way, shape or form.

I shall refrain from going off topic in the future :attn:

Keep it G-rated and you won't see messages like the part you don't like :)

Keep it G-rated and you won't see messages like the part you don't like :)

Message that could have easily be PM'ed instead of posted in chat like i did something horribly wrong. Seen worse that haven't been addressed like such. But ill be a "good boy" and behave no worries :)

Back on track though, gaming wise, is there any non-windows OS that performs comparatively well to Windows ?

Last edited:
Message that could have easily be PM'ed instead of posted in chat like i did something really wrong. Seen worse that haven't been addressed like such. But ill be a "good boy" and behave no worries :)

You've been warned via PM multiple times already, so I thought public mention may get the point across more directly. Next time there will be neither PM nor public post, but rather direct action taken that may endanger your ability to post for a time. It would behoove you to take less umbrage at the tone and more guidance to realize 'gee, I shouldn't do this again'. Or not. Your choice.

If you see worse, please report them and they too will be dealt with.

When have i ever been warned via PM ? i'm getting along in years but my memory is not that bad already :confused:

Back