• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob #23423525 Needs help watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tulizx

I'm trying to cool a i7 4790k, and 3x GTX 980, at the moment the CPU has a corsair H105, the case is a Corsair 780T, and I have 2 SSDs on the back of the HDD tray.
My main concern is how to fit things, I read the sticky, and I figure i probably will end up using 2 radiators(correct me if I'm wrong), on the top and one in the front, that leaves where to put the HDDs.
When I made the build watercooling was not on my mind, nor trisli, so I'm trying to make it work with what I have, if you can be as kind as to point me into the right direction I will appreciated it.
Noise is not a issue. The GPUs throttle a lot during full load, and its noticeable during gameplay, also I want to OC them.

rig.jpg

4K monitor to run 3x 980s????

Anyway, Not sure that case will work fro what you need... You have nearly 500W of heat to dissipate and without mounting a rad outside the case or removing those drive cages, you can only seem to fit a 2x120mm up top...

Honestly, you would want another case.

Looks like you need 120.6 MINIMUM in radiator space to cool this setup. Gonna need a bigger case.

There is one sticky and a whole lot more stickies and many threads of folks builds like this one.

So, since you're gonna be watercooling over $1500 of video cards and investing $700+ in watercooling parts, you might want to hang out and read a bit more so you don't fry anything. Lots of stickies. Lots of posts. Take your time please, it's gonna be a long road. We are here to help but we can't build it for you.

Nice PC BTW.

Yea, as it stands right now you don't have enough room in that case for the required rad space. You can ether buy a new case, or run an external radiator setup.

With a system that nice, I'd 2nd what Conumdrum said. Do a few weeks of research, it will help you in the long run. I rushed my first build, and ended up with a less than optimal setup for my rig. Plus it's more fun when you truly know what you're doing.

Yea, as it stands right now you don't have enough room in that case for the required rad space. You can ether buy a new case, or run an external radiator setup.

With a system that nice, I'd 2nd what Conumdrum said. Do a few weeks of research, it will help you in the long run. I rushed my first build, and ended up with a less than optimal setup for my rig. Plus it's more fun when you truly know what you're doing.

Yep, we seen many rushed jobs and some awesome jobs. The awesome was usually prefaced with this (paraphrased). "Hi, I have read all the stickies and spent weeks reading buttloads of posts, and researched parts till my eyes bleed. My question is..." Awesome rig.

4K monitor to run 3x 980s????

Yeah I'm running 4k, I'm using a 55 LG ub8500.

Before I start looking at other cases, tell me your though about this.

I'm thinking of putting 2 x 120.3 one on top and one at the front plus a 140.1 at the back, they would all be 80mm thick radiators.
The one at the top and back should have to trouble fitting, the front one I would screw it infront of the PC, and all I would have to do is move the HDD rack over a little, and switch the fans so they can hit the radiator.

rig2.jpg

The case can handle 120.3 on top, and 120.3 at the front.
I was thinking of getting 2 x 120.3, 1 x 140.1 80mm thick radiators, The one on the back and top should have no problem fitting, I'm thinking of putting the the other one in the front(outside the case), and move the HDD rack over to the left and just switch the fans to the other side(the ones screwed on the HDD rack)
That should be enough radiator right?

rig2.jpg

Back