• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice from Canadians (about u2410)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adamanna

Hello guys! I'm Irene, and soon-to-be Canadian expat. I need an advice from knowledgeable people.

I work a lot with text, and I use Dell Ultrasharp u2410. As I plan to take my desktop to Canada with me, I'm in doubts whether should I take my monitor too. Where I live, I can sell it for CAD 220. Shipping to Canada (door to door) will cost me CAD 130. Now, my question is: should I sell my monitor and buy another one in Canada, or should I take it with me? My computer has HDMI only, so my need is basically for a 24" (16:10 - it's important, as I work with text) IPS monitor with HDMI interface. Are such monitors easy to come by? Can u2410 be easily bought (I ask, as it's an old model, after all)?

I'm not sure if it would be wise to sell my monitor (which is in excellent condition). What do you guys think?

If you decide to buy new, the U2415 meets your needs.
Thank you! I settled on that model also. However, I wonder how that model compares to u2410. Surely, the latter is a professional monitor, while the former is mainstream. But u2415 is newer, maybe it's better in some aspects? I noticed it has better height adjusting and faster USB. But what about the panel itself? Would you say I will be definitely downgrading, switching from u2410 to u2415?

Why would you be downgrading? Both are UltraSharp monitors, Dell's top lineup.
It's a model that's a few generations newer, it's definitely an improvement.

Back