• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fitting cpu aftermarket cooler for CoolerMaster Centurion 590 Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phylix

Hi,
so I have decided to try and overclock my i7 930. I read that it's possible to go up (over?) to 4Ghz. Before I start trying anything I need a better cooler, since I am currently using the intel stock cooler. Now could someone help me to decide on a cooler? That would be great. My biggest worry is cooler size. I have a CoolerMaster Centurion 590 case with an Asus P6T SE mainboard. I measured that theres 173mm available from top of the mainboard. I didn't measure how high the cpu sits on the mainboard, but it is surely less than 10mm, so I would have at least 163mm available height. Well i don't want to mess up and ask you guys: Will a 160mm cooler like the Noctua DH14 fit in there? Maybe better go for a 150mm one? Which is a good 150 mm height cooler? Also, I don't really worry about the other two dimensions. Should I? I added some pics here:
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I have no idea, but the heatsinks on those RAM sticks look pretty low profile, so I doubt the cooler would interfere.
On this page you have a diagram of the cooler that you want.

Noctua NH-D14

Most manufacturers will have a diagram of the cooler.

You should try to meassure from the CPU up. I think you´ll get away with it.

Happy browsing.

According to the specs of your case it's 8 1/4 " wide so you shouldn't have an issue fitting a Top notch heatsink such as the Nh D14/15. You should definitely look at the specs of the heatsink and check your clearances anyway. You will likely need a top notch heatsink such as the one mention to have any hope of getting 4.0 out of the I7 930.

Back