• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trillian Chat Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buckykatt

Registered
I've recently installed Trillian onto my work, and home computers. All I can say is WOW. I really like this software. I can connect to AIM, MSN, YIM, ICQ, and IRC with just this software.

I must say I'm VERY pleased with it. It's free software, but they ask you donate a little to help with developement costs. After running it for about 2weeks now I popped them a decent little donation. I really think it's an awsome piece of software. Interchangable skins and all.

http://www.trillian.cc/download.html

Have a look have fun!!

i use trillian as well but the only thing i hate about it is the fact it takes the focus away from my current window when someone IMs me or signs on. oh and the fact that if you use more than one name for a service, it puts the buddy lists together.

I love Trillian, too. The only problem I've had with it is that AOL keeps blocking them. However, the trillian folks were very quick in all instances to release patches to fix that. It's been over a month since the last time that happened, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Another neat feature of Trillian is that it's easy to hack the smileys and emotes commands (all it takes are some XML script changes and some editing of a master emotes .gif file) so you can add your own custom smileys with very little effort.

Now, only the folks who are also running your hacked version will see the changes you've made, but it's kind of a cool thing to share with friends. ;)

Adovbs

Back