• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New toys from Aquacomputer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
Aquacomputer just released several new toys both for use with the Aquaero 5/6 OR standalone via USB as a lot of their products are and gives you the flexibility to use either or. I think some folks might get the misconception that you can only use their stuff with the AQ controller only. That would be incorrect. I do believe they could use some help in their communications, manuals and PR department being that they are overseas from Germany but they have made some strides and do make some solid engineered gear I have to say and glad to see some gear everyone can use on air or custom and the best part, it's pretty darn affordable for everyone.

With that said, feast your eyes on some really nice affordable gear imho.

aquasuite 2018

We are pleased to present the new aquasuite 2018 today. The download will be available next Monday morning (July 2nd).

Version 2018 contains many fundamental changes and improvements.

The most noticeable change is the revised user interface. The colors and design have been changed to offer better ergonomics and usability.

For those that have gear suited for the Aquasuite and have a valid 2018 license, you can download it here.

Costs of licensing and more info on it can be found
here but any of the new gear you purchase usually comes with either a 1 year or 2 year free of a license fee but it's always good to double check.

QUADRO

QUADRO is the next generation of an autonomously working smart control for fans and LEDs.

The device combines a 4-channel PWM fan controller including monitoring functions with a RGBpx LED controller in a compact housing. QUADRO can be used universally in any PC, no matter if water or air cooling is used.

In combination with the aquasuite software, QUADRO becomes a powerful monitoring instrument.

quadro_1_thumb.jpg quadro_2_thumb.jpg

Power

Up to 25 watts can be connected to each of the four fan channels, which corresponds to a total output of generous 100 watts. An overload protection for all channels prevents the QUADRO's fan electronics from being damaged in the event of operating mistakes.

Each channel can be switched off completely if required. This is a special feature since the 12 volt voltage is normally permanently applied to PWM outputs. An optionally adjustable start boost allows the fans to start in a reliable manner. The start boost is executed until a speed signal is detected at the corresponding output.

aquasuite_quadro_fan_1_thumb.png

Monitoring

Four analogue temperature sensors and a flow sensor can be connected to QUADRO. Eight additional sensor values can be transferred from the computer to the QUADRO in the form of software sensors. For example, it is possible to control outputs directly according to the CPU or GPU temperature or to visualize the load by using LED strips.
aquasuite_quadro_sensor_2_thumb.png

Control

Each fan output can be configured individually. In addition to manual settings of the output power, automatic control is also possible. A setpoint controller with temperature setting and a curve controller are available. For the setpoint controller the desired temperature is being is set and the fan is controlled automatically as required. Experienced users can also optionally adjust the PID controller settings. The curve controller defines a power curve with temperature and power values via 16 freely adjustable points.

aquasuite_quadro_fan_2_thumb.png

RGBpx
The QUADRO is the first device equipped with the new RGBpx technology.
RGBpx offers the possibility to individually control every single LED of compatible LED strips or fans to one of 16.8 million colors.

In addition to smooth animations and breathtaking effects, this also makes it possible to adapt the lighting to your individual wishes. Thus the workplace can truly shine in the right light.

QUADRO has an RGBpx connector on which up to 64 LEDs (up to four Aqua Computer RGBpx strips) can be operated. Effects can be applied to the LED strips with four independent controller settings.

aquasuite_quadro_rgbpx_2_thumb.png

Each of the four LED controllers of QUADRO can be assigned to one of the 23 possible effects. All effects offer additional settings. In addition to adjustments for the coloring, stepless controls also allow to influence the speed or intensity in a wide range.

Due to the high update rate, even slow transitions are displayed smoothly and without flickering.

Many effects can also be actively influenced by a data source. Effects can be coupled to any sensor value such as temperature or load.

aquasuite_quadro_rgbpx_4_thumb.png

Since the effects can be placed anywhere on the LED strips, most of them can also be combined: For example, LEDs 1 to 16 may have a rotating color change while LEDs 6 to 11 have a temperature-dependent color change from blue to red. This provides a temperature indicator which is flanked by a rotating color change on the left and right side.

The effects are processed in a similar way to a video editing program. The uppermost controller is always visible and covers the effects of the controller below it within the set range.

Last edited:
Too bad that fan controller won't do a single channel at 48 Watts. I would love to control the beast with software.

AMBIENTpx

quadro_3_thumb.jpg quadro_4_thumb.jpg

In combination with an RGBpx capable device such as the QUADRO and corresponding LED strips or compatible fans, the monitor content can be expanded to the environment.
The current image content of the monitor is analyzed in the background in real time and the color mood is displayed on the LEDs. This creates an intense experience with movies or games because the image will look much bigger than it actually is.

The analysis of the image content can be individually adapted. Thus, the area to be analyzed can be set very narrow but also very wide. The settings also support multi-monitor setups and automatically adapt to the image format of movies.

aquasuite_quadro_rgbpx_3_thumb.png

Sound to Light

Many users have already wished it for the farbwerk, now it is possible: Synchronize LED effects to audio data. The necessary settings for the audio filters can be managed centrally from aquasuite in the "Audio and Video" tab. Up to 32 individually adjustable filters and triggers for different frequency bands can be created.
Especially devices with RGBpx support benefit from this function because they allow multi-color effects and can visualize music in an impressive way.
In the course of product maintenance, we have also added AMBIENTpx and Sound to Light functions to the farbwerk. For technical reasons with the restriction that the connected LED strips can only output one color at a time and not several at the same time. This is only possible with the new RGBpx technology.

RGBpx Splitty4

splitty4_1_thumb.jpg splitty4_2_thumb.jpg

RGBpx Splitty4 is the perfect addition to QUADRO and offers two essential functions:
  • A 4-way splitter for the power supply of up to four fans from only one fan connection (can be used for all fan controls such as aquaero)
  • Connection adapter for connecting the lighting systems of various fan manufacturers to the RGBpx system
Both functions are independent of each other. RGBpx Splitty4 can also be used just as a fan splitter or as a pure lighting adapter.

Fan splitter
In the function as a fan splitter, fans with 3-pin and 4-pin connectors can be used, provided that the connected fan output supports these types (voltage-controlled/PWM signal). The speed signal of a connected fan (plug labeled with "rpm") is fed back to the fan output.

RGBpx adapter
RGBpx Splitty4 can be used to connect the following lighting systems to the RGBpx system:

Manufacturer Corsair (four connectors for a maximum of four fans):
  • LL120 RGB, LL140 RGB (16 LEDs per fan, "LED hub" is not required)
  • HD120 RGB, HD140 RGB (12 LEDs per fan, "LED hub" is not required)
  • ML120 PRO RGB-LED, ML140 PRO RGB-LED (4 LEDs per fan, "LED hub" is not required)
Manufacturer NZXT (one connector, additional fans can be connected to the previous one, maximum eight fans):

• Aer RGB120, Aer RGB140 (8 LEDs per fan)

splitty4_6_thumb.jpg splitty4_5_thumb.jpg

Note: A mixed connection of lighting systems from different manufacturers is not possible!

Mounting
Die Platine kann z. B. sehr einfach an zwei nebeneinanderliegenden Lüftern oder einem Radiator befestigt werden und ermöglicht so eine optisch sehr ansprechende Kabelverlegung ohne den üblichen "Kabelsalat". Damit ist sie für viele Radiatoren die beste Möglichkeit zur sauberen Verkabelung der Lüfter.

The board can be easily attached to two adjacent fans or a radiator, and thus enables a visually very attractive wiring without the usual cable clutter. This makes it the best way for many radiators to cleanly wire the fans.

splitty4_3_thumb.jpg splitty4_4_thumb.jpg

Price and availability
QUADRO and the optional RGBpx Splitty4 board will be available shortly and can be ordered in the Aqua Computer Webshop. QUADRO costs 39.90 Euro and RGBpx Splitty4 is offered for 8.90 Euro (prices include VAT).

Too bad that fan controller won't do a single channel at 48 Watts. I would love to control the beast with software.

The 'beast'? Oh my, I won't bother asking. :rofl: That's a lot of juice for even majority of the controllers out in the marketplace.

Soooo I did the math if I were to upgrade some of the rig and it totals out roughly just under $500. (GASP!) That's just to add new addressable RGB rad fans and case lighting. :screwy: I'd honestly do it if I had the funds but it sucks that I also have a RGB Corsair Keyboard, Mouse and Mousepad since it won't all be sync'd together as opposed to having a complete Corsair ecosystem but the AC side has way more detail and features, that even includes software stability.

I do like the fact that they partnered with Corsair and NZXT which might give me hope for the future. If we just had a standard everyone used instead of this proprietary crap, it would make many folks happy and less expensive to integrate.

Yate Loons at $4 ea. FTW!!!!

So glad im past chasing every degree C and bling isnt my thing! :)

Yate Loons at $4 ea. FTW!!!!
yeah man! ive got a box full of brand new 140s and 120s of all flavors :attn:pretty much everytime i buy something from ppcs i find a reason to buy a couple more.

im still being a knucklehead and spending an arm and a leg on noctuas. i just couldnt rein myself in once i started researching them.

yeah man! ive got a box full of brand new 140s and 120s of all flavors :attn:pretty much everytime i buy something from ppcs i find a reason to buy a couple more.

im still being a knucklehead and spending an arm and a leg on noctuas. i just couldnt rein myself in once i started researching them.

My future fan purchases will be Noctuas. My living room is tiny and the noise gaming when 3 rad fans, 3 GPU fans, and two case fans ramp up is impressive.

New: D5 NEXT

D5_NEXT_4.jpg

OLED, USB, Virtual Flow, water temperature - everything you need!
The performance of the pump can be set directly on the display of the pump or via USB with the aquasuite software. Speed and current consumption are monitored by the electronics. The integrated Virtual Flow sensor technology even allows the flow rate to be set directly and the pump adjusts itself automatically.

Fan output with 25W power and many control options
Via the fan output of the pump PWM controlled fans can be controlled e. g. according to the water temperature. The well-known controllers including curve and setpoint controllers are available. The D5 NEXT can also switch off the fans completely. The power here is max. 25 W and should therefore be sufficient for almost any system.

Controlling up to 64 digital LEDs with RGBpx
The support of RGBpx also deserves special mention: The D5 NEXT offers the same functionality as the QUADRO fan controller. Up to 64 RGBpx LEDs can be controlled individually in color and brightness after many controls.

LED bargraphs, sound effects, monitor backlighting (AMBIENTpx)
All wishes are fulfilled: From bargraphs that display temperatures, CPU load or other monitoring values to sound effects, artificial snowfall and the enormously complex AMBIENTpx function that illuminates the background of the monitors depending on the current screen content giving a perfect ambient light, everything is possible.

aquabus - Even more possibilities with the aquaero
If RGBpx is not used, the identical connector can be reconfigured for use as an aquabus connection. In this case, the D5 NEXT can be controlled via an aquaero and makes the data available to the pump via the interface. This opens up countless new possibilities in the control system.

Water temperature measurement: precise and fast
We are proud of the really precise water temperature sensor. This is mounted in the motor unit of the pump directly on the metal housing and delivers extremely accurate and low-delay values. It is therefore perfectly suited to provide the data to control the fans.

Virtual Flow: Flow measurement via motor parameters
A complex compensated algorithm in the pump calculates the current flow using the motor parameters of the pump and the temperature. The accuracy does not reach that of an external flow sensor, but is completely sufficient for monitoring the system. Alternatively, a flow sensor can be connected to the fan output of the pump.

Software sensors: Use hardware sensor data to control the system.
Monitoring values of the PC or other Aqua Computer components can be used to control the pump, the fans or RGBpx effects. Up to 8 software sensors can be defined. These sensor data are transferred to the D5 NEXT by the background service of the aquasuite using the USB connection.

Mechanical keys combined with touch operation
The pump is operated via mechanical keys or via an intelligent touch slider (only available if decoupling is not used). For example, performance specifications can be set quickly and directly with a simple finger move.

OLED with freely configurable display screens
The OLED display with 128x64 dots shows menus, overview pages and charts. Of course, almost everything can be adjusted individually.

Conclusion
The D5 NEXT is pure high-tech. It combines a mechanically perfectly constructed pump with an extremely low noise level and electronics that is unique worldwide. The integrated decoupling system adds additional functionality.
We can't show you all the functions here - test them for yourself, we are sure we can convince you.

In connection with the also new ULTITOP D5, which has been optimized for silent operation, we can present today a pump that will convince you!

Technical data:
  • BLDC Motor
  • Ceramic bearing, ball motor (aluminum oxide / hard carbon)
  • Pluggable motor and electronic unit
  • 3,7 m Delivery head
  • PWM fan output and switch-off function, 25W, 2A, option for flow sensor
  • SATA power connector
  • USB interface
  • aquabus interface or RGBpx output for max. 64 LEDs
  • AMBIENTpx support
  • integrated very accurate water temperature sensor
  • Virtual-Flow: Calculation of the current flow rate from the motor data
  • integrated alarm buzzer, freely configurable alarms
  • 6 RGB LEDs integrated in the pump with adjustable effects (e. g. rotation dependent on pump / fan speed)
  • Graphic OLED with 128x64 pixels
  • 3 buttons and touch slider for menu operation and selection of display pages
  • 8 software sensors for external data, e. g. CPU load, CPU temperature, etc.
  • Pump performance controllable according to flow specification
  • max. power consumption: 23 W pump motor, 25 W fan, 17 W RGBpx. Total power max. 65 W, typical 20 W.
Scope of delivery:
  • Pump consisting of motor and electronic unit
  • Decoupling kit
  • silicone insert for mounting without decoupling
  • mounting bracket (black coated)
  • USB cable (internal)
  • screw set
Price and availability
The D5 NEXT pump will be available from mid-October at a price of 119,90 Euro.

It is a bit pricey compared to your standard D5 pump, especially if you aren't going to use the extra features but it does come packed with a bunch of stuff with a nice innovative design. I like the virtual flow meter, built in temp sensor, 25w PWM header and either controlling addressable RGB lighting or aquabus port straight to the Aquaero controller to become one whole unit together otherwise via USB, it can work as a standalone pump/controller with the Aquasuite software so yeah, you basically get a lot of things you would normally pay a lot more for, with more parts included.

I'm looking to see if they'll respond about being able to use two of these pumps in serial configuration with cylinder reservoirs. We'll see what they say but the only response I've seen is that this will be the only variation.

Oh wow, they have some nice new offerings!

The D5 with display and controller looks cool but how many people are really adjusting their pump speeds on the fly like that? Since the first days of the Vario, all of mine have been maxed :D

Thanks for the info Jack, I have a friend that's into the bling but he is too cheap to go that far, personally I don't care for the bling but unlike Earthy I am after the lower degree range running chilled water cooling.

Interesting new stuff though, Thanks again! SS

Meh.....it's all fluff that a normal user will never use short of a show build.

To be fair, I think it's a pretty good deal for those that are looking for a virtual flow and water temp sensor as well as a powered PWM controller for up to 25W of fans so in essence, it's a pump with a built in controller with a OLED screen for displaying that kind of information while being able to use the Aquasuite software via USB but than again, not everyone's into all of those features so to each their own I guess.

I just got the QUADRO a couple of days ago. Ended up costing me about $74. I forgot not all of my fans were PWM, so I have it hooked up to two of the fans which cool my CPU. It does a pretty good job of controlling them and has a nice GUI that does a much better job of controlling then the motherboard does. Plus I can tweak outside of bios. I will gradually replace all of my fans with PWM. It helps immensely with maintaining a high overclock but keeping the computer quiet when not under load.

Back