• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micro Center and Fx CPU's [in store only ]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knoober

SO Ive been shopping around for an FX to move into and I found what seems to be a fairish deal at microcenter. I havent got one near me so I cant do anything about it but no reason anyone else should miss out if they think it is a good deal. If there is a way around the in-store only that anyone knows about Im all ears :)

Stupid InStore Only Deal :mad:

SO Ive been shopping around for an FX to move into and I found what seems to be a fairish deal at microcenter. I havent got one near me so I cant do anything about it but no reason anyone else should miss out if they think it is a good deal. If there is a way around the in-store only that anyone knows about Im all ears :)

Stupid InStore Only Deal :mad:

Tiger Direct suddenly pulled the same bull for a Phenom II X6 I wanted to get!

Micro Center always has really good CPU prices and they are in store only, it's to get you in there and buy other stuff

Well, I don't have enough cash on hand to blow on anything as it is, so meh.
I have an amazon prime student account, 6 month free trial w/ 2day free shipping. then it reverts to normal prime subscription cost

Best deal ever, all I have to do is cancel before the 6 months is up, and it costs me nothing, all hail .edu email addresses.

A little research shows the closest around here to be an 8 hour round trip. I could just pay full price for what the gas will cost me!

I've got feelers out though. If anyone gets withing an hour of that store, they're making a detour! :)

Also, I did not realize that about microcenter and their cpus. I've never even really run across an advert from them before

if you go in store they will also price match.
down in duluth they have microcenter and frys right around the corner and once in a while frys has better cpu prices than microcenter.

MC also has $40 off mobo's if you combo it with an FX CPU - in-store only.

The Duluth store is my store too Caddi, 14 miles north of here.

>.< not fair.

Only PC parts store we have in San Antonio, is a small chain called Altex.....No price matching *Gouging is more like it*

You know you are screwed when you find prices higher than BestBuy, but the best selection of parts in town

Usually, from what I've noticed, BB will price match brick and mortar stores located in your area.

Not sure if they will do so for B&M stores 175+ miles away
Might try it sometime.

That said, MC seems to carry stuff that BB would likely never carry.

Usually, from what I've noticed, BB will price match brick and mortar stores located in your area.

Not sure if they will do so for B&M stores 175+ miles away
Might try it sometime.

That said, MC seems to carry stuff that BB would likely never carry.
True, though I have heard of instances where a Microcenter was a pretty good distance away and a local Best Buy still matched the price.

I'm lucky or Unlucky however one may look at it, I have 2 Microcenters within a 30 min drive.

hehe, about the same for me.

About the closest thing to MC we had was back when CompUSA was still alive.
And they actually sold the original Koolance Exos, or I think it was the Exos, One of their external top of case units. Had all sorts of PC mod stuff.
Was the only place in town that carried BAWLS lol, my parents hated the name of that.
I always told them "Bawls, its an acquired taste." they never laughed.

from where I am the Duluth and Alpharetta stores are the same distance, so if one is out of stock I can go to the other.
We also have tiger direct over in Jefferson.

Well, I don't have enough cash on hand to blow on anything as it is, so meh.
I have an amazon prime student account, 6 month free trial w/ 2day free shipping. then it reverts to normal prime subscription cost

Best deal ever, all I have to do is cancel before the 6 months is up, and it costs me nothing, all hail .edu email addresses.

With the way the wife orders things off of amazon, we've saved hundreds of dollars in shipping alone by keeping our student account open. It's definitely a nice account to have as a student.

So Caddi, TigerDirect store, aka that which killed CompUSA *and thankfully CircuitCity*

Never knew that they had stores. Wish they would open up one around here.

@Dalchi Yeah, free 2 day shipping is great. Now......when next semester comes around and I have a grand or two extra from grant refunds.......*maniacal laughter*

Ugh, and I need a cheap replacement cpu/motherboard for my desktop, and there's a close MC too, but I'm stuck working late most of this week.

Back