• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any hope for overclocking an Athlon II X4 750K on a Biostar A55ML2 mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pronounta

Since the CPU cooler I am currently using is total crap and doesn't keep my CPU very cool I thought about upgrading it. but then I noticed that I could spend a bit more money and buy a good cooler for ~30€, max. 40€ and then overclock my Athlon. But then I remembered that I have this really cheap Biostar mobo and I doubt that I can overclock my Athlon with it.

But before I make any conclusions, I wanted to ask some real overclockers. Could I actually overclock my Athlon or is there no hope?

Took a quick look at your bios and there isn't much there from what I could see. There doesn't appear to be any voltage/speed controls at all. If you want to know for sure have a look in your own BIOS there an see if you find an option to change CPU speed or V_Core adjustment

Took a quick look at your bios and there isn't much there from what I could see. There doesn't appear to be any voltage/speed controls at all. If you want to know for sure have a look in your own BIOS there an see if you find an option to change CPU speed or V_Core adjustment

There was neither CPU speed nor V_Core adjustment :(

Then you're out of luck without a better motherboard. You could try something like AMD overdrive but typically if the option isn't in the bios it's not available in software either.

Back