• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know where to find a Xeon E3-1220L v2 processor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kermdawg

Registered
Hi guys. I have a z77 mother board lying around and would like to put it to good use in making a home server(first one!). Looking at my boards compatibility chart, apparently its compatible with Xeon processors. Upon further investigation I found a processor I THINK would be ideal for what I want to use it for-the Xeon E3-1220L v2. Heres a link-http://ark.intel.com/products/65735/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1220L-v2-3M-Cache-2_30-GHz Supposedly only a 17 TDP! Sounds ideal for a home server, problem is I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Ive checked all the usual suspects(Tiger, Newegg, Microcenter, Amazon) and I'm wondering if anyone would know where to find one of these, if its as great as I think it would be(it's basically designed for micro/home servers), or if I should go with something lower powered. I basically want this thing to be a home cloud type system/NAS. Truth be told I think it's overkill but I like the future proof part of it plus the ultra low power consumption.

Thanks guys. I forgot about ebay. Earthdog that processor you linked is the 80watt model. The "L" is the low power, 17 watt model, and apparently hard to find, for future reference.

My google must be broken or something I didnt get anything from any of those places, all I got was the 80 watt version on amazon, newegg, etc..

Then again I use startpage and not google.

On Z77 board you can set lower voltage, lower clock and enable power saving features and you will also have something near 20W.
Not to mention that i3 will be probably cheaper and about as fast as this xeon.

Back