• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are the chances of getting resolution? (Performance PC's)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knoober

I spotted a great deal on a highly recommended sink in the cooling section a while back. I was floored at my luck.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/prolimatech-megahalems-black-series-cpu-heatsink-for-intel-amd.html

Problem is I went to install it today and guess what I was missing. The retention clips for the fan and the retention bar for the sink. I had the AMD braket and all the other hardware I could need. Next stop customer service. What do you guys think are y chances of getting this resolved without a screaming fit ? :)

Just curious what you guys think. I've heard their customer service is pretty good but I had problems ordering as well so this is kinda strike two for these guys. Was a pretty good sale though.

Call customer service is your best bet, just be nice. If they can't resolve it, call Prolimatech, I needed fan clips for a heatsink I bought used and they sent them to me free.

I should almost start doing this on purpose.

Steps I took to get to this post:

1) open box/admire

2) begin assembly

3) realize Im missing stuff

4) look everywhere frantically

5) email customer service and make post

6) begin to put everything away because I have to wait for customer service to finish

7) Find the thing that I just said was missing, even thouhg I already looked everywhere.

8) Send another email to customer service and post a retraction

9) Be embarrased. was kinda mad though. :) What a day.

Long story short. It was there the whole time. :chair:

Let me guess, rolled under a slip of paper? or under a chair. usual places it happens to me.

But as Mandrake4565 stated, asking nicely usually works.
I had an original Hyper212 a year out of warranty, all I needed were the brackets to add a second fan. Emailed customer service at cooler master, explained my situation, they said they would send the brackets at no charge. They did......Along with an extra fan.

You may not realize what a big deal it is that you emailed customer service and let them know that you found the missing part. Whenever a customer admits a mistake, is gracious about it and thanks the CSR team for their attention, it gives them a boost of confidence and lets them move on. And it may not even register with them but you've put a smile on their face.

I should almost start doing this on purpose.

Steps I took to get to this post:

1) open box/admire

2) begin assembly

3) realize Im missing stuff

4) look everywhere frantically

5) email customer service and make post

6) begin to put everything away because I have to wait for customer service to finish

7) Find the thing that I just said was missing, even thouhg I already looked everywhere.

8) Send another email to customer service and post a retraction

9) Be embarrased. was kinda mad though. :) What a day.

Long story short. It was there the whole time. :chair:
LOL, it happens and we can laugh at ourselves when it does. So what's the verdict on the Megahalems? I never ran mine on my PII 955 but on my 2500k at 4.5 it dropped my temps 10c coming from my Cm 212, using the same fans on both heatsinks.

. So what's the verdict on the Megahalems?.

Ugggh. I wrote up a big old review style post with a comparison between my previous cooler and the Megahalems -> went and ate some dinner -> finished the post -> tried to preview it -> had taken to long and been logged out by the system :( Best part was my post had only autosaved about halfway through! Im not retyping all that tonight. Maybe later.

The end result is this:
Icematrix_new_paste.PNG
Megahalems_15min_run.PNG

Megahalems looks better in my case though. Matches the board and the ram as well. Both are black :)

Edit: these are screenshots of 2 15min runs in prime95 small fft. The one with the later timestamp is the Megahalems

Last edited:
I've had to deal with their CS several times and was mostly satisfied each time.

They hopped right to it yesterday and I appreciate it. I usually try to be a bit more patient because I know -like the other guys said ^^^ - that being rude gets you no where. Everyone has a job and theirs is to deal with the problems people have, whomever the faulty party is. I dont have any beef with customer service.... until they get rude :)

I was worried because of what happened with my order. I ordered the cooler on a Sunday. When Wed rolled around I still hadnt gotten confirmation or anything (except enrolled in their newsletter -which I allowed) . SO I decided to investigate and found that their customer care number went to an answering machine and their live support said nobody was home. After sending an email to every part of their company that I thought applicable (there were options for the sales department and customer care and another one I think) I finally got through to them on Thur and was told my order didnt go through because I ad recieved confirmation. Not a big deal (at all), and my problem got resolved reasonable in a reasonable amount of time. There wasnt a whole lot of confidence to have based on that experience though. First impressions do count a little.

This issue was solved nicely though. Aside from finding out that I am the culprit of my own problem :bang head I got a prompt response both to my complaint and a courteous reply when I explained my embarrasing good fortune to find the pieces I was looking for.

Now that all is said and done I hope they dont hold it against me! :)

Back