• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9 380 4G - Monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreenSmoke

I have an R9 380 4g on it's way to me. I have never had a very good graphics card and not that this is top of the line or anything, but its a serious upgrade from my current Radeon R7.

My monitor is about 3 or 4 years old now. I believe it caps out at 1920 x 1080. The primary purpose is to play games (Civilization, Cities Skylines, Smite).

Should I be looking for a better monitor or is this just fine for gaming?

Unless you have issues with the monitor, I would say its fine. What are your concerns?

I have exactly r9 380 4 gig version and i'm using Dell U2312HM, which is 1920x1080. Though the graphics card is capable of running 4k I would stick to fullhd monitor, since it's cheaper and still delivers a high quality image. If your monitor works fine and is big enough I wouldn't bother buying a new one

Thanks for the quick replies!

My concern was that maybe I amwas spending money on a good video card and then hamper its performance because my monitor is insufficient. I am not knowledgeable about graphics and displays. I didn't know if this was a big deal or not and it sounds like its not from the responses so far.

The monitor has little to do with the performance of your card outside of the resolution it runs. The quality of it also has nothing to do with the GPUs performance. :)

Non issue indeed. :)

Well, I can't run GTA V on full settings with the graphics card. Witcher 2, on the other hand, runs 55~70 FPS with ubersampling turned off. Like i said i have 1080p monitor. So your monitor is just good with the card. power of the card not wasted

Back