• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant get my overclock settings to actually work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vukasin

Hi all. I got the sapphire hd 7850 over here . Im trying to overclock it , of course with sapphire trixx , i've 4.6.0 version installed since this one lets me adjust voltage settings , newest one doesnt. i Found a very stable overclock settings and i apply them without problems , clocks change in gpu-z but in 3d app's gpu is still using stock clocks . So when i want to fix it i go disable gpu from device manager , re-enable it and apply clocks again , and then its working , but as soon as PC stays idle for like 10 mins , gpu again ignores oc and stays on stock speeds. This is happening for like one-two weeks , it didnt bug earlier , was working perfectly for month-two. Card is like new-even tho its very old , i mean whole 7850 series are quite old . Here is the pic of clocks and how i test it . I've also tried changing drivers , it didnt help. Here's the screenshot , look at it . http://prntscr.com/91mi2r . Thanks in advance .

Are you running CCC at the same time with overdrive enabled? Try killing MOM.exe if it's running and just use TRIXX by itself. Alternately you could try MSI Afterburner.

I cant use msi AB , since it doesnt let me change voltage even with modifed settings file . And yeah , i got CCC running in background , but overdrive is completely disabled. You want me to turn ccc completely off from booting up ?

I found a trick . My gpu has 1. - stand by state . 300 mhz core and 150 memory. 2. -2d core 450 memory 1200. When i run smth in time when it has to change from 2d to 3d clocks then it doesnt apply overclock. As soon as i shutdown chrome , gpu clocks go to stand by mode , and when i turn games on , it jumps to overclocked settings. So right now when im playing for example gta 5 , im keeping chrome off in order to let gpu work on oc. ( Having 12 gb ram ) . So , i have no idea how can be it bugged that way .Idk if i explained it right but u shall get the point

- - - Updated - - -

ill try to record my screen for a 30 secs just to show u what exactly im describing

Back