• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for advice for multi display setup low to mid end

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What's odd... I couldn't find any info about running 61Hz instead of 60Hz online.
Simply did it as a test one day and it looked way better!

Munky, did you happen to run one at 60Hz and one at 61Hz long enough to compare the difference?

I'm not sure the best way to test the difference, I downloaded a program called monitor test but the trial version doesn't include testing all monitors :rofl:

Just look at something with pronounced blacks; the same picture, a background, etc.
Span it across the edge of your monitors and see how much of a difference it made in how dark your monitor goes

Looking for a dual monitor setup for my sister on a budget. I looked at the monitor you suggested in the beginning of this thread, but they are $230 each. Any suggestions in the $100-150 range? There are so many monitors on sale it's hard to figure out what to buy, not being able to see them in person.

Preferences - 20-24" 1080p and IPS only, no TN. Also, I'd prefer to stay away from Asus based on a monitor I bought a few years ago with horrible ghosting despite being very well reviewed.

Last edited:
Back