• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another question. Loop order

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

James730730

Registered
Hello again.

I'm looking at a single loop, with one 480 Rad. Where should I put the rad, and in what order would be best for cooling an overclocked CPU and GPU? Or should I go two 240 and put one after the CPU and GPU?

As long as the res is feeding the pump inlet loop order doesn't matter.

I did have a read, must have missed the bit that answered my question, sorry. And thank you very much for your answers.

James, I'll try to through a glimmer of light your direction (my opinion).

"I'm looking at a single loop, with one 480 Rad... Where should I put the rad"

Ok, should work as long as your case will support it.

"and in what order would be best for cooling an overclocked CPU and GPU?"

There are many, and I mean many different ways some better than others, if your looking for simple you can do one short/small loop with one Res, one pump, one GPU block (optional), one MB block and one Rad. in that order. The next option would be Res>Pump>GPU block>Rad>MB block>Rad>Back to Res. or Res>Pump>Mb block>Rad>GPU block>Rad>Back to Res..Than the next step would only be for the unencumbered, two separate loops, one for the CPU and one for the GPU.

"Or should I go two 240 and put one after the CPU and GPU?"

Your pocketbook is the only thing that will hold you back.

Well there ya go, that's my .02 on WC :)

Last edited:
I'm not going cheap, nor do I have loads of money to spend. If the quad is good enough, which I have been told it is for both, then I'll go with that. I'm am getting some good fans, and the quad will fit my case.

Again, thank you. I really appreciate the help.

Last edited:
I'm not going cheap, nor do I have loads of money to spend. If the quad is good enough, which I have been told it is for both, then I'll go with that. I'm am getting some good fans, and the quad will fit my case.

Again, thank you. I really appreciate the help.

In that case you look all set than. Post some pics when you're done.

Back