• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Degradation in PCIE 3.0x16 slot, PCIEX8 runs fine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Windows 10 does automatically loads drivers. I had to uninstall the Nvidia drivers after a fresh install with windows 10. Windows will install drivers per slot.

My man, I don't know either. Just throwing stuff on the wall. Ive seen some weird things in my time. You can question it at every turn or try it since you do not have any other options. Choice is yours... good luck! :)

My man, I don't know either. Just throwing stuff on the wall. Ive seen some weird things in my time. You can question it at every turn or try it since you do not have any other options. Choice is yours... good luck! :)

Hah yeah I know, it's really up to the OP, sadly I think he's enjoying his 970 too much to worry about it right now, lol...

Why bother with this GPU if he has a 970 then??

Hah he didn't always have the 970. I figured it was going to be something that needed to be solved before the new GPU came. I still want to know what is going on with it, but it's his call, lol...

Any suggestions on another board in that price range (~$150-170). I'm certainly ok with using the 970 now, but would like to make sure it wasn't the 670 causing the issue. Plus I'm still within the return period for newegg.

He replied to your first post... still didn't mention if it was done, just questioned the advice, lol!

He replied to your first post... still didn't mention if it was done, just questioned the advice, lol!

I think you're confusing the OP with me. I questioned the advice (he did not) but I do not have the hardware to test your theory, I was helping him one night. We did try a clean install via the nvidia drivers, and tried two different versions. I should have mentioned that in the first post I had made. He also had the same issue with Win7, so that's when he did the Win10 clean install.

Back