• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Rebirth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

My System has seen some changes over the last few weeks and so I wanted to share my "New" system so far .

Fractal Design S
Gigabyte z97x-ud3h-bk
Samsung 850 evo 500 gig
4670k from last build
same ram as sig
Corsair tx750
Dark side cross flow slim 240 rad
bits-power rez
koollance clamps
Promochill LRT tubing
swiftech apogee gt
Heatkiller IV PRO copper

gear.jpg

For my GFX I used the apogee with a parts from a Maze 4

GFx block.jpg

Here is the layout that I took with my Tubing that LRT is great it doesn't kink and holds a nice shape (But sure is hard to get off plastic barbs! leak testing was time well spent )

layout 2.jpg layout.jpg

This build isn't finished yet but I can game =) It sits pretty close to those pics right now . I was planing on spending some $ on some new fans BUT , with the temps Im getting right now I don't see the need for 24/7 for any more so the 240 rad at the top is passive(but can feel air pushing through it) Vantec stealth fans on the front are running @ 7v. There is the two stock 140mm fans that came with the case one on back and one the bottom at first I thought I would hate the small bit of white in this case but it is growing on me.

This was the first temp I saw on first boot with p95 and Heaven the max the GPU hit was 24 deg C
GPU temp.jpg

This is a 5 min AIDA64 run to show cpu temps . This OC was just a guess I haven't really played with it at all just set @ 1.25 in bios and 45muilti so I could see how bad the CPU temps were .
Ad64.png

Here is P95 On small ffts ( have ran longer hour plus temps didn't really change )
p95.png

So guestion time =)
Should I paint @ least the shroud on the blue rad to black ?
Does the Red ram kill you as much as me . They might get painted .
I have a White 30 cm Led strip that I will be adding to the bottom .
Any tips or Ideas you might have Im open to ideas

Looking good :)

Wouldn't be a terrible idea to paint that shroud, it's easy to do :thup:
The red RAM isn't as bad as the rad, but I might consider doing something with it.

My only suggestion would be some angle fittings. A few 45° and 90° rotaries would go a long way for tubing runs.

Not bad. You have a ton of rad or overkill as we say for your setup. Surprised to see those temps on the CPU with that OC with that much rad. Only tells me that you might not be pushing enough air through those rads and or the flow is too low or too high.

You could do as you maybe but I personally wouldn't paint heatsinks or rads because you're just adding another layer and trumping some of the cooling surface.

Keep us up to speed.

Not bad. You have a ton of rad or overkill as we say for your setup. Surprised to see those temps on the CPU with that OC with that much rad. Only tells me that you might not be pushing enough air through those rads and or the flow is too low or too high.

You could do as you maybe but I personally wouldn't paint heatsinks or rads because you're just adding another layer and trumping some of the cooling surface.

Keep us up to speed.

He's talking about painting the shell, not the fins.

Keep us up to speed.

Yea I was hoping for overkill so I could run really slow on the PWM hub ( that was the plan @ least ) , to test the flow rate theroy I changed the D5 vario from 3.5 setting to 5 havent noticed any benefit . I think it is the air through the rads . One rad has none and the others are older fan not running full speed .

Small update

Wire Management is done
Installed LED light strip

I checked my mount tonight on my CPU block and it wasn't very good so in the process of retesting oc's trying to find a nice mix of speed and Heat lvl with this amount of fans . I really do need to get some fans on the other rad because I am unable to match the OC I had with this same chip with a worse CPU block and less raddage , that I had with my Asus MB . Or I am missing a voltage setting , I liked asus BIOS way better than Gigabyte.

back.jpg

nowin.jpg

win.jpg

Looking really good, the ram stands out a little but not too bad. Great temps on the GPU, nice clean setup! :thup:

Back