• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fast New Build - HardLine Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats my issue... only have 1 500mm piece of tubing left and I don't think it's enough...

Ok another random question, when I drain the system, my radiator won't drain. Any special tricks to get that to happen? UGH

You have airlock in the rad. Is there a fitting on top of the rad? Loosen it, let a bit of air in, it'll drain then.

I feel your pain. My first loops were less ambitious and there is a million tricks to learn. Your doing fine, keep at it.

LOL, my first loop..... I didn't like cases back then. Almost 10 years ago...... Still got the rad, not using it now, no watercooling needed. Someday tho I'll get the bug.

NekkidPCWCTopresized.jpg

Even though the water has to pass through the cpu and the gpu it still should gravity feed all the way to the pump . You might just have to turn the pump off more often till you get the loop filled once you do it should work fine .
I have had more than a few loops with no res and just a small tline .

WHOOO HOOO I was able to make it work with the tubes I had on hand... I ended up re-bending a few mess-up tubes BUT I think it will be at least functional for the weekend. Time to fill and check for leaks.

I will be ordering some extra tubing over the weekend and once it gets here I'll re-do some of the parts to make it look nicer. There are some bubbles on a couple bends where I tried to re-bend/straighten them out.

18.jpg

Josh

SWEET! It's working now! The loop is full and running strong (still using my current system to power everything though until I know it's not leaking). I have the pump turned up to 100% to give it the highest pressure possible and so far no leaks! Now to let it sit for 12-18hrs and make sure it's fine. Tomorrow I should have it finished. YAY!

19.jpg

Thank you guys for the help.

Josh

Thanks. Yes I was getting bummed that I may not have it completed this weekend... Glad I had JUST enough tube to make it work.

Going on 2hrs in the test and not a drop lost. :D

Josh

Drained the DW filled loop and replaced it with the coolant loop! I love the white! :D

20.jpg

I'm going to let this run for another hour or so and as long as I don't have any leaks I'll button the system up and power-up the system for the first time! Can't wait to get this thing finished!

Josh

Was much better with distilled... hope you want to drain and fill more often since you're using dye now.

If you were planning on changing the pipes around, you should have held off on the coolant and just run the distilled until then. The more it's exposed to air, the greater the risk of contamination.

Little update.

I have been running strong at 4.6Ghz overclock on the CPU for the last couple days. I've run some CPU and memory stress tests (memory is OC'd to 3200 from 3000) as well as video editing and gaming. Long duration tests are showing a consistent CPU temp of mid 70's and GPU temp around 39-42*C. I attempted to OC my GPU by flashing a new BIOS and that in-turn killed the card which meant I had to drain my system, pull the card, and put it in my old system to re-flash the stock BIOS. I have since left it alone and just done a small OC using EVGA's OC tuner app.
1.jpg

Overall I am loving the system and maybe I'll swap pipes around once I get to the 6 month fluid flush and system cleaning. Managed to pull just over an 18,000 on FireStrike (1080p mode since I don't have a 4K Monitor yet).
Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 6.25.40 PM.png

Thanks for the help everyone!
2.jpg

Josh

Thanks guys... I like the white, I also liked the clear water look... IDK maybe I'll do the clear after the next fluid change.

:D

My next big decision... should I go SLI with the TITAN X? I really want to and get a 4K monitor... hmmm decisions decisions...

Hey Guys,
Things have been going well so far with the rig, however I think I need another radiator. After doing some photo-merging for GIS mapping which is VERY CPU intensive I was seeing temps in the low-mid 90s after about 10 minutes of rendering. Odd thing was I didn't see these types of temps when running the CPU stress test (even after the rending finished). Thinking of adding another 240mm radiator to the bottom fan location.

Thoughts and do you think that will help bring temps down a bit? In the meantime I lowered my overclock from 4.5 to 4.3 and voltage from 1.38 to 1.37. I may lowever the voltage a bit more and see if it's still stable to get temps down more.

Josh

Is the air coming out of the radiator super warm?

Yes it's pretty warm. It's warmer than I was expecting it would be. I have a laser temp gun, maybe I'll use that to check the radiator temp today.

Josh

Back