• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interest in a Northeast LN2 party this summer or fall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
2300l:clap:

Sign me up. I'll take care of posting in the official thread tonight.

octv will be at the party. They're going to do some sort of 1 vs 1 beta competition. Should be cool.

Yeah baby!!! Totally psyched!!!

I'm psyched as well :) I just bought Witchy's MSI R9 290X Lightning to go along with my Asus R9 290X Matrix-P-4GD5. On the BOT they are ranked 11th AND 12th place in 1 card GPUPI. :thup:

I'll try for a WR but a Top 5 would be nice.

I'm psyched as well :) I just bought Witchy's MSI R9 290X Lightning to go along with my Asus R9 290X Matrix-P-4GD5. On the BOT they are ranked 11th AND 12th place in 1 card GPUPI. :thup:

I'll try for a WR but a Top 5 would be nice.

That sounds like a potent combo.

I thought about bringing my pair of 7970's along to see if I could borrow some pots and get some help taking them cold.

That sounds like a potent combo.

I thought about bringing my pair of 7970's along to see if I could borrow some pots and get some help taking them cold.

Bring them along. The worst case is you get shown how to properly prep them, you prep them, run out of time and have to use DICE at home to bench them.

Hwbot will be sending us some ddr4, flasks and whatever else they can round up to be used as giveaways.

Atm...Trouffman from OCTV will be the official hwbot rep at the party. That said, Massman is now checking flights (from Taiwan) and may also be attending.

At this point, would love to see if we could get the number of confirmed attendees up a bit. Please reach out to friends, family, etc and let's see if we can get others on board for this. A number of vendors are watching the main hwbot thread. The top priority is for all of us to have a frickin' blast and the focus is benching and camaraderie but, that said, schwag can be a cool bonus imho hehe

Also...would someone be willing to go by the hotel/venue for us? I'd give you all the needed contact names, etc. What I'm thinking...
- Check the venue out and give us feedback on it in general
- Check the actual 1/3rd ballroom we're getting
- Work with the sales rep to determine what size tables and how they should be arranged (please be sure to have a table at the door for check-ins, bencher table assignments, etc)
- Check out the wiring layout and get a 'map' of the amperage, lines, outlets, etc (Lochekey...can you provide a write up of all the questions, etc on the eletrical front?)

Last edited:
- Check out the wiring layout and get a 'map' of the amperage, lines, outlets, etc (Lochekey...can you provide a write up of all the questions, etc on the eletrical front?)

I'll get something put together, have to think on this a little.

Hey Funsoul, here is a list of questions concerning power form the venue.

-What is the rated voltage and amperage of the power panel supplying the circuits for the room?

-Can they provide a panel schedule for this power panel and include power draw of any anticipated preexisting loads (I.E. light, sound equipment, coffee warmers, etc.) that will effect individual circuits and the power panel as a whole?

-Can they provide a room diagram that shows locations of power receptacles and include a circuit reference for each outlet?

-Are the power receptacles a NEMA 5-15 style or NEMA 5-20 style outlet?

-Does this power panel have additional breakout cords/panels attached to it and is will these be provided by the venue?

-Is there a secondary power panel that can be used to supply additional circuits if necessary?

If So-

-What is the rated voltage and amperage for this panel?

-Can they provide a panel schedule for this power panel and include power draw of any anticipated preexisting loads (I.E. light, sound equipment, coffee warmers, etc.) that will effect individual circuits and the power panel as a whole?

-How will connections from this panel be made so as to provide additional circuits for use?

-Does the venue provide any power cords/strips that can be used to help supply power to different areas of the room?

I think that is everything if I think of anything else I will let you know.

You are awesome!!! Thank you SOO much Lochekey!!!!

Will get these questions off to the venue today and post responses when I get them.

Would anyone in that area be willing to stop by the venue, check out the 1/3rd ballroom and let them know how we want all the tables arranged?

Hi Folks!!

Been busy with work but with less than a month to go, wanted to provide an update and see if, collectively, we can get some more sign-ups and other folks involved in our get together.

We're all set with the venue booking. Just need to get some electrical questions answered and get someone to stop by the venue to check the room and let them know how the tables should be arranged. If one of you lives nearby and could handle that side of the equation, please let me know. Other than that, we could probably use more extension cords, etc..

On the loaner pool front...I picked up 5 keyboard/mouse combos so those will be available on a first come, first served basis. The kind folks at HWBOT (thank you Massman!) have promised to have a 6950x available for loan during the event. Whoever borrows it will only be allowed to use if for 3d benches but it'll be awesome to get to take this thing for a spin. Anyone else have stuff they'd be willing to lend?

Turn n' Burn will be bringing along one of lnlcooling's monster setups. Pretty awesome and it'll give us all a chance to actually see it in action. Turn's working with them and we're in discussions about possibly raffling off one of their devices during the weekend. If you're not familiar with them, their website is: lnlcooling

As previously announced, the folks from OCTV will attending and running some beta competitions. They've also kindly agreed to bring extra webcams so we'll be doing livestreaming throughout the weekend.

It'd also be great to see if we can get some form of support from other vendors. I'll be reaching out to the Elites who'll be attending to see if they'd be willing to try and get their sponsors on board.

Still looking for ideas for weekend competitions! Cash prizes for the winners will be paid with any donation funds which don't get used for ln2 purchases. Thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated. If we don't end up having cash prize competitions, we'll probably use those funds for pizza and such.

Welcome any input from you on any aspect of the weekend get-together! The goal is to do whatever possible to make sure everyone has an awesome time.

For folks arriving on Friday night...any thoughts on what you'd like to do that evening? Am thinking it'd be great to get together for dinner, beverages, hardware prep, hanging out, etc, etc. I'm hoping to get there around 8pm-ish.

Getting excited and looking forward to seeing you all there!

Very best regards,
-Stefan

PS- If any of you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post here or contact me directly. I'll also be bringing some extra eraser, shamwow, tim, k-type probes and neoprene in case anyone needs it.

I ask if der8auer would donate some thermal paste, he promised 40X5.5g of the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease Paste. Keeping my finger crossed he will send it to me to ship back to the states in time.

I ask if der8auer would donate some thermal paste, he promised 40X5.5g of the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease Paste. Keeping my finger crossed he will send it to me to ship back to the states in time.

Sweet!!! Please keep me posted so I can update the main hwbot thread as applicable!

I had so many problems with the grizzly :( It kept cracking...thought it was a mounting or other problem but it seems that I may have a bad batch (too bad I have 2 big tubes). Got a good deal on gelid xtreme so tried that....no problems whatsoever. Guess I should pm der8auer to see what, if anything, can be done but that'll have to wait until late next month or August.

Hey Funsoul, any word back from the hotel on room layouts. If not guess we will just have to figure It out Friday. I'm gonna try to be there Friday afternoon or early evening so can yt? to help get things arranged as needed then.

Hey Lochekey!

No sir. When I really pressed them for answers they said that they don't have sufficient power and started to request that we rent extra generators or move to some other location. I told them that they definitely have enough...we just wanted to try to make things as efficient as possible. We'll figure it out when we get there.

I got laid off a few days ago and just got back from a 'vacation' (job loss put a little damper on that but it was still excellent) so still getting caught up but plan on arriving early Friday afternoon.

Seem to recall you're going to bring an extra not-for-benching pc? Is that correct? We could use a box for streaming video. Corsair has hooked us up VERY large (in addition to covering venue and ln2, they shipped a number of boxes of goodies for prizes/giveways) so we should make them feel the love so to speak. The folks at OCTV/hwbot will also be doing streams but we should also make our own happen. Anyone know how to do all that stuff? Would be also great to do some overclockers.com streams, too!

Based on emails with the venue...we should also try to bring extension cords and the like. I've got 4-6 that to bring. Will also be posting to the forum.hwbot thread requesting some extra cams, extension cords, etc.

I ask him he said that Grizzly donated the thermal paste, not sure if you can do anything about the bad batch, I have not had any issue with it. I also be there Friday afternoon around 4pm.

Back