• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interest in a Northeast LN2 party this summer or fall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks MaddMutt

Don't put yourself down man...those nuggets are worth much more than .00002!

This is a LN2 party so any competition should require it to complete. Agreed that we want the competitions to strongly favor the new folks (or new to LN2, at least).

You said Corsair might be covering the cost????

I kind of........sent the press section a "Have you ever been involved in a Lawsuit for misrepresenting/false advertisement over 2 of your memory products made."

This is in reference to 2 types of DDR2 memories that you made. They are :

1) CM2X1024-6400C4DHX v4.1
2) DOMINATOR CM2X1024-8500C5D v4.2

^ That's as far as I got when I hit the 512 charactor limit and that was all that was sent on the suject.

Required information before subject can be sent to Press Section:
Name
Email
Publication Name
Publication Link
^ AND yes I screwed up in in using the OCF NAME in requesting the information. The request was sent 1 1/2 weeks ago.

The below is what I was wanting to send but ran out of space on their form

1) Corsair DDR2 6400C4DHX on the label it states 4-4-4-12 but that is only for 270MHz speed. For 800MHz you need 5-5-5-15. There is no XMP or EPP profile.

2) Corsair DDR2 1066 Dominator v4.1 on the label it states 5-5-5-15 but this is only for 800MHZ. For 1066MHz you need 5-5-5-18. This is from the EPP profile on the chip.

The above information was obtained using AIDA64.

MM

Last edited:
Waiting for confirmation and additional details atm but, yeah, looks like we may be covered *fingers crossed*

Sorry about your ram issue :/

Waiting for confirmation and additional details atm but, yeah, looks like we may be covered *fingers crossed*

Sorry about your ram issue :/

^ MR.Scott might be helping me out in the DDR2 section :)

Do you know if the R3E is any good????? I started a thread asking for advice :)

You said Corsair might be covering the cost????

I kind of........sent the press section a "Lawsuit for misrepresenting/false advertisement" using our name.

This is in reference to 2 types of DDR2 memories that they made and I have. They are :
1) Corsair DDR2 6400C4DHX on the label it states 4-4-4-12 but that is only for 270MHz speed. For 800MHz you need 5-5-5-15. There is no XMP or EPP profile.
2) Corsair DDR2 1066 Dominator v4.1 on the label it states 5-5-5-15 but this is only for 800MHZ. For 1066MHz you need 5-5-5-18. This is from the EPP profile on the chip.

The above information was obtained using AIDA64.

MM

What do you mean using our name? Do you mean OCF?

That sounds like it'd be the best approach. I'll need to remember to bring a switch or two and a bunch of ethernet cables.

Don't forget a ROUTER to that collection, just in case. I can toss in some of that equipment myself if needed. I also have some Cat5e untipped in various lengths (25 - 100ft) along with tips and crimper.
Have you talked to Vince AKA K|ngp|n as we will be using A LOT of his products at the party. If we have 25 show up, about ~ 18 will be using a Kingpin pot on their CPU. This does not include the # of GPU and RAM pots that may be used.

My wife will have to drive me to the party:( When you say you have rooms at the venue, that is right above where the party will be at. Correct???
My wife IS NOT into my hobby and this way I can leave her sleeping in while I'm down stairs.
I don't know if we should setup a corner for the wives???? < The ones that don't care about our hobby, except for how much it costs :)

Excellent point. I've got a couple small ones (4-8 ports each). If my wife's ok with not having access to the server (we keep all our movies there) that weekend, can also bring my 24 port. If you could bring your cabling, tips and crimper, that'd be great.

Yes...been exchanging emails with Vince (so has steponz). He might be helping us out a bit but nothing definite as yet. He won't be attending since a) he lives in Taiwan and b) he has a new baby girl.

Yep...the rooms are at the same place as the get-together. It's Amish country so there's plenty of shopping and tours the wives could do (mine has said she will definitely not be coming but if there are more wives attending, will let her know and see if she changes her mind).

Just have everyone bring their own network cable... everyone has one, or a couple. IMO, you really do not want to be terminating your drops at the benching party. :)

Just a single 24 port switch should be fine. I can't imagine that many will be in use at the same time (dont people run offline and submit later for the most part?), but good to have too many than too little.

I'm just bringing my wireless dohickey, I know they have service and all we need it for will be subs at least the majority anyway

I'm just bringing my wireless dohickey
Even better... you aren't streaming, just submitting to the slow arse Hwbot site. Wired or wireless, its going to take a minute, LOL!

Bring a USB wireless adapter. Done. Hell, other people can use it when you are done too.

K.I.S.S. :)

Yep works pretty slick actually and won'r be in use all the time. Cheap too, I even got the one with fancy rabbit ears

Yep works pretty slick actually and won'r be in use all the time. Cheap too, I even got the one with fancy rabbit ears

^ is this a small Wireless B/G/N - AC xxxx USB device???? Or is this a PCI/PCIe wireless card???
I ask because I just went shopping for a wireless card. I stopped at Best Buy and Staples to pick one up. At both places I got told that the wireless card had been replaced by a wireless USB stick. I purchased the AC1200 USB stick. Didn't work, I've got to many walls and stuff between it an the router :( I had to go online to find an OLD style PCIe card with rabbit ears.

Just have everyone bring their own network cable... everyone has one, or a couple. IMO, you really do not want to be terminating your drops at the benching party. :)

Just a single 24 port switch should be fine. I can't imagine that many will be in use at the same time (dont people run offline and submit later for the most part?), but good to have too many than too little.

Many users only have a 25FT cable connecting for their computer. < Wiring - Are we going to tape down these runs (these are trip hazards) or use throw rugs at strategic locations to minimize the hazard????

Not sure of the number attending/paying. Q - Is this ONLY going to be limited to the PAYING parties or open for everyone. I bring this up in reference to (but not limited to) food, sodas, beer, (if allowed) how many people the room can hold (as defined by the local fire marshal).

Will there be a "Hardware for sale area" ???? If this is open for everyone, you have to start thinking about security. If this is for the paying parties only, (We roughly know everybody) the sale of hardware can be done later or after the party is over.

Still not sure of the number attending/paying. I think (this is my first one so don't hold it against me) if the number stays below ~25 be happy that Corsair is supping the LN2. If the number climbs, we MIGHT be able to ask if they would donate (for prizes) The Value not to exceed $200 for each item unless Corsair wants to : 1 Computer case, 1 AIO, 1 set of memory, and 1 PSU. < all comments welcome on this.

Thanks

MM

Sweet Jebus man... go there to BENCH. It's not a swap meet, lol. Now if there is something someone wants to let go, I mean what can you do to make it more secure? Buyer beware always!

They have capacity covered, see previous posts. :)

Tape it down, or, as johan said, bring a USB wireless adapter. but for Pete's sake, don't bring crimper and make drops, lol!

As far as food, iirc, we all chipped in for pizza and beer/pop.

Last edited:
This is the one I got specifically because of my old home and the distance between my bench and router. It's a TP-link I got it on sale for $25 CDN

24388.jpg

This is the one I got specifically because of my old home and the distance between my bench and router. It's a TP-link I got it on sale for $25 CDN

View attachment 178328

I saw that exact model when I was shopping online. Non of the local places had that, they only had D-Link and Linksys equipment. That USB cable might help, I'll have to search through my stuff and see if I have a F-M cable.

Thanks for the picture :thup:

Sweet Jebus man... go there to BENCH. It's not a swap meet, lol. Now if there is something someone wants to let go, I mean what can you do to make it more secure? Buyer beware always!

They have capacity covered, see previous posts. :)

Tape it down, or, as johan said, bring a USB wireless adapter. but for Pete's sake, don't bring crimper and make drops, lol!

As far as food, iirc, we all chipped in for pizza and beer/pop.

Sorry. (first time)
I asked because I didn't know HOW FAR we are/might be going from a small team (+ some extra people) get together/party, to a convention style get together. IIRC we are still around only 25 attending but F_S posted this on several forums.
The wiring was referring to any cables that leave the table not just to the possible lan cable. :)

Some times I think outside of the box to much, other times I can't remember what day it is. :rofl:

Many users only have a 25FT cable connecting for their computer. < Wiring - Are we going to tape down these runs (these are trip hazards) or use throw rugs at strategic locations to minimize the hazard????

Not sure of the number attending/paying. Q - Is this ONLY going to be limited to the PAYING parties or open for everyone. I bring this up in reference to (but not limited to) food, sodas, beer, (if allowed) how many people the room can hold (as defined by the local fire marshal).

Will there be a "Hardware for sale area" ???? If this is open for everyone, you have to start thinking about security. If this is for the paying parties only, (We roughly know everybody) the sale of hardware can be done later or after the party is over.

Still not sure of the number attending/paying. I think (this is my first one so don't hold it against me) if the number stays below ~25 be happy that Corsair is supping the LN2. If the number climbs, we MIGHT be able to ask if they would donate (for prizes) The Value not to exceed $200 for each item unless Corsair wants to : 1 Computer case, 1 AIO, 1 set of memory, and 1 PSU. < all comments welcome on this.

Thanks

MM
We'll probably end up having around 30 people would be my current guess. This event will be open to all (including walk-ins). Still waiting to hear back from the sponsor for any conditions, details, expectations, etc (including getting an understanding how I'll get reimbursed for the venue and ln2 expenses). Still holding with my original thought of a small fee/charge/donation for each bencher (to cover any additional ln2 purchases and competition prizes) but the sponsor isn't SO keen on that idea atm.

Food and beverages will be up to attendees. I'm definitely in for some kind of pooling of resources for that kind of thing. They do have a bar/restaurant on site so that's also an option.

As for vendor provided prizes and giveaways, am starting to reach out to the elites who've said they're coming to see if they can get goodies from their sponsors. If anyone knows anyone, please reach out to them to see what, if anything, might be possible. We will definitely try to get as much schwag as possible! Thanks to one of our own elites, one vendor might be coming and give away one of their $2K+ products to a lucky winner. Other than that, we're just getting started on the quest for product.

I'd certainly be up for a For Sale section/table. We'd just have to figure out how people want that to work.

Hey stefan, how are things shaping up?? You've gone radio silent.
Hiya Rod!
Yeah...been silent as I've got no updates. The corsair rep's been out of town so we're in a holding pattern as far as updates atm. On the ln2 front, we're looking at 11x230's atm (10 covered by the sponsor, 1 for Turn n' Burn that he'll pay for...his 'toy' requires it's own connected tank).

Really hope to get things squared away with Corsair this coming week so we can get moving. Will update as soon as I know anything.

TOTALLY psyched!!!! :)

Last edited:
Back