• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interest in a Northeast LN2 party this summer or fall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
None of them allow outside bevs but whatever ppl put in their rooms is obviously fine. What's comes in with our equipment is, well, ;)

Think we're gonna need a lot of nondescript cups and extra thermoses ;P

Yeah...the european-built ones. My ss and cascade both run on normal 110.

You are awesome Rod!!!
$0.50/L with no deposit or delivery charges?! That sounds like a huge win! You frickin' rock dude!!! :attn:

Still working out the math but am guessing we could increase our ln2 order as long as we give sufficient notice?

All good man. Yeah...don't want to give people money who can't be bothered to provide decent service. Tomorrow will finalize pricing with Clarion (including getting the best room rate possible) and (after speaking with steponz) book it.

Yes, I deal with this gentleman several times a week. The sooner the better, but could increase amount up to a week or two before the event.
Are there going to be tickets to attend/ At what cost?
There may be a delivery charge included, but no deposit or rental fees.

None of them allow outside bevs but whatever ppl put in their rooms is obviously fine. What's comes in with our equipment is, well, ;)

Think we're gonna need a lot of nondescript cups and extra thermoses ;P

All cool if you keep them straight. Wouldn't want a big gulp of LN2 in you belly :censored:

Yes, I deal with this gentleman several times a week. The sooner the better, but could increase amount up to a week or two before the event.
Are there going to be tickets to attend/ At what cost?
There may be a delivery charge included, but no deposit or rental fees.
Awesome Rod...thanks man!!!

Can you check out the total cost (including any fees, taxes, etc) for 11 tanks?

Waiting for a callback from Clarion, going to book the room today. Once I have all those costs together for the venue and hear back from you on total costs for the ln2, will get that info over to steponz who will work with his sponsors. Once we know the situation and how much of the costs they're willing to cover (likely hear back by Tuesday or so), will be able to figure out a how much it'll cost and figure out how much (if anything) tickets will cost.

All cool if you keep them straight. Wouldn't want a big gulp of LN2 in you belly :censored:
Ummm...yeah...taking a gulp of the wrong stuff would definitely suck. :/

I'm curious to see what if anything they'll do for room rates. I just checked the advanced booking was $103/ night and I'll be needing two nights

Sent an email and left voicemail...will find the best rate possible for us. I'll also be staying 2 nights (Friday/Saturday)

I will need 2-3 nights also, we might want to get the LN2 brief from the HWBOT guys for those who never used LN2. Drinking and LN2 don't really mix well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also had another question how much LN2 per person are we counting, I know I can go through a lot, was burning through a large amount in France with GPU/CPU both on LN2.

We are now officially booked at the venue! They've blocked out a number of rooms for us at a rate of $89/night. Personally, I'll be checking in Friday night and checking out Sunday.

I will need 2-3 nights also, we might want to get the LN2 brief from the HWBOT guys for those who never used LN2. Drinking and LN2 don't really mix well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also had another question how much LN2 per person are we counting, I know I can go through a lot, was burning through a large amount in France with GPU/CPU both on LN2.
As of now, we're going to be getting 10 tanks (plus one for Turn n' Burn which he'll pay for separately). The number of tanks to start with was put forward by steponz who's going to work with a couple of his sponsors to see what they'll cover. Once true, official sign-ups begin, we'll keep an eye on the number of people who sign-up.

My thought atm is as follows:
- hopefully sponsors cover the cost of the venue and 10 tanks of ln2 (right now we're looking around 20ppl which would work out to ~100L/person)
- set a price of $20-30 for a 2-day bencher pass, $10-15 for single day passes (non-benchers, walk-ins, etc would be free)
- order more tanks of ln2 to get it up in the 120L+ range per person and use any/all remaining cash for prizes for TBD competitions during the event itself

It's going to take a few days before we know what, if and how much of the charges will be covered by the sponsor(s).

I'll draft an official sign-ups notice and, if it plays out like above, will be sure to clearly state that all proceeds will go to ln2 and cash prizes. Will also be asking folks to provide an idea of what they plan on benching so we (meaning hopefully Lochekey hehe) can start to figure out which outlets for which people, etc for load balancing.

Have a tentative schedule:
Friday- early arrivals, maybe all get together for dinner and/or drinks?
Saturday-
7am-9am: Party check-in, seat/table assignments and hardware setup
9am-2am: BENCHING FURY

At 2am, we'll clear out and the room will be locked down for the night.

Sunday-
8am: Check-in, socializing and setups
8:30am-5pm: BENCHING FURY part deux
5pm-6pm: Shutdown and get the h3ll outta Dodge

Just ideas

Update: If we have no sponsors, the cost of the venue works out to just over $31/person.

Last edited:
Unfortunately my guys busiest day is Friday and he was in meetings most of the day. I will speak to him on Monday and ask him to expedite the quote as soon as possible on 11 cans. Please confirm exact location. There are two Clarions in Harrisburg and need to know which one.

You're awesome Rod!

The Clarion Hotel & Conference Center | 148 Sheraton Dr., New Cumberland, PA 17070
P: 717.774.2721

I think this is a picture from the last big OCF party we had.

old bencher.jpg

Short clip's from HWBOT world tour 2015 benching party's

France 2105:

Canada 2105:

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid link Jiccman, that brought back some memories. Wish I could make there Friday but that's just not going to happen this time.

That's the plan Jiccman. Already booked the Friday and Monday off work

Back