• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interest in a Northeast LN2 party this summer or fall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got hold of HWBOT, they are willing to do a safety brief for the new guys who have never handled LN2, or he can send OCF the link to the brief or a file. Need some input please.

My 2 cents-

An actual safety brief would be awesome! Thinking that would be good to link to include in the main benching party thread over at forum.hwbot. A link to the brief or a file would also be great as we could link it here as well as in one (or more?) of the extreme cooling and/or benching team stickies.

My 2 cents-

An actual safety brief would be awesome! Thinking that would be good to link to include in the main benching party thread over at forum.hwbot. A link to the brief or a file would also be great as we could link it here as well as in one (or more?) of the extreme cooling and/or benching team stickies.

^ This sounds great as I hope to get a chance to try LN2 at the party. The wife has told me no as she is afraid that I might freeze on of our BIG DOGS (5 pounds). As I have yet to play with LN2 but know just enough about it to get myself in trouble. A good guide on what to expect would be VERY helpful :)
Have we set a City that the party will be in???? This way I can call and start looking/booking a hotel room :)

Have we set a City that the party will be in???? This way I can call and start looking/booking a hotel room :)
Harrisburg PA, and there is a hotel listed with discounts for rooms already....

Where that is........ no idea, but I recall seeing it!!!

We have the venue locked in...it's in Harrisburg, PA. Just waiting for the ln2 quote from Rod (thank you hotrod!!) then to hear back from sponsors as to what they'll actually cover. Once we know that, can work out a per person attendee price and get an update posted to all threads including an actual event sign-up page.

We have a bunch of rooms blocked out at the venue. Once people send in their payment, I'll provide them with the name to give to get the reduced rate rooms. The rate we've locked in is $89/night.

In order to get the most out of the experience, suggest that everyone have their insulation completed before arriving. That way, a few quick checks, etc and you'll be ready set up and get rolling.

Would also suggest (and I'll request it when the sign-up post is ready) that people identify what systems they plan to run so our friend Lochekey can do some of the seat assignments (load balancing) in advance of the actual event. Personally, I'll probably bring along the 4930k/riv-be with a Titan (with epower board and evbot), z97ocf/g3258 set up for cold cpu/ram/vga and a couple 775 setups.

Well, I'm not going to be able to make it that weekend. I'm driving to the other end of the state to start 3 weeks of helping run a 10K person event.

But, my home made phase separator is in Witchdoctor's possession, and you guys are welcome to use that.

hiya torin!

Bummer you won't be able to make this one :/ Hopefully Witchy will swing by...maybe he can bring it along?

So what is the date got to page 6 and give up, if It is in July it should be in the middle of the team cup so I'll try my hardest to be there to poor some ln2 on some old hardware

I'd also check on internet connection in the venue and what speed it's rated at. Some of the people might like to have a connection for instant up load to HWbot for their scores. Something that also falls under this topic is if anyone plans to do a live feed. A good quality 720 or 1080 can eat up a good amount of bandwidth and are we having to pay for it???

Not sure of the bandwidth but we'll have full wired and wireless internet access

I'd run the streaming off wired and the rest off wireless. There is NOTHING instant about Hwbot uploads and it has nothing to do with the source connection. That site is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow for me 9/10.

That sounds like it'd be the best approach. I'll need to remember to bring a switch or two and a bunch of ethernet cables.

So I've moved up to more of a maybe! We have a friend's wedding that weekend though, so will have to see.

That's awesome Janus67! Even if you can't be there all weekend, hopefully you'll be able to swing by for at least one of the days!

Not yet. Got the ln2 quote out to steponz late last week, should find out the deal tomorrow or Tuesday.

What I've been told so far is that the main sponsor is Corsair and that they're going to cover the full cost of the venue plus 10 tanks of ln2 (I'm just waiting for confirmation on the ln2 side of things plus what size tanks).

If they cover the above, will probably set pricing at $30 for a weekend bencher pass ($15-20 for a single day pass) and walk-ins/spectators will be free. We'll use whatever cash is raised for additional ln2 (to ensure plenty for all attendees) with the remainder going to cash prizes for TBD competitions over the weekend.

Would welcome everyone's thoughts on potential competitions. Would like to make them so that the competitions favor beginners/intermediates (as opposed to elites/pros) but that would require ln2 to compete. Would likely also need to run something for intel as well as amd setups. Have been thinking purely cpu-related competitions since cold vgas/3D's would be a bit tougher for 'normal' people (not everyone can afford 980Ti's). Maybe percentage cpu overclock?

Anyone have thoughts or ideas on any of the above (pricing, competitions, anything else)?

Not yet. Got the ln2 quote out to steponz late last week, should find out the deal tomorrow or Tuesday.

What I've been told so far is that the main sponsor is Corsair and that they're going to cover the full cost of the venue plus 10 tanks of ln2 (I'm just waiting for confirmation on the ln2 side of things plus what size tanks).

If they cover the above, will probably set pricing at $30 for a weekend bencher pass ($15-20 for a single day pass) and walk-ins/spectators will be free. We'll use whatever cash is raised for additional ln2 (to ensure plenty for all attendees) with the remainder going to cash prizes for TBD competitions over the weekend.

Would welcome everyone's thoughts on potential competitions. Would like to make them so that the competitions favor beginners/intermediates (as opposed to elites/pros) but that would require ln2 to compete. Would likely also need to run something for intel as well as amd setups. Have been thinking purely cpu-related competitions since cold vgas/3D's would be a bit tougher for 'normal' people (not everyone can afford 980Ti's). Maybe percentage cpu overclock?

Anyone have thoughts or ideas on any of the above (pricing, competitions, anything else)?

Just my .00002 cents :)
I would take the requirements and programs from the Rookie Rumble Series as a starting point. Most of those can be done with a GOOD air cooler or AIO. The new guys should be the ones that have the prizes.

1) They are just starting out and are the most influenced into staying with this sport :)
2) The others (Big names included) require MORE $$$$ for a prize.
3) The New guys would be happy with a $120 Corsair AIO. Where the OLDER/WELL KNOWN would be wanting a top of the line Z170, DDR4 Memory, CPU, Ect, Ect
4) The OLDER/WELL KNOWN should be there for the fun of it and CHEAP LN2 :)

Thank you

MM

Back