• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to change the monitor after my new rig (5820K+r9 390)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mt_196

Registered
Hi guys, I need some help.
I'm buying a new rig:

MSI X99A Sli Krait
i7-5820K
Prolimatech Genesis
16Gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz CL14
Sapphire R9 390 8Gb
Samsung 850PRO 256Gb
Samsung 850EVO 1Tb

I have an old Samsung XL2370HD TN monitor 5ms response time and I think that it's more or less the time to change it.
I don't know really much about monitors, but I know that IPS panels have better color and viewing angles, so I'll stick with one of them even if they don't have 1 or 2ms. I think the sweet spot is something aroung 4-5ms and IPS.
I'll like to play with it, but also watch movies and Netflix.
Do you think I have to take a 21:9 FullHD monitor or a QHD one?

Thanks

I'll be sitting at around 40cm from my monitor, how many inches do you thin is the best?

I personally like 27" on a standard desk like yours

2560x1440 is a great median , not to difficult to push and outstanding visuals

I believe it to be the sweet spot, they have a toe of options as well, anything from cheap Korean models to High end 144 hz 3d models and everything in between

Ok, thanks. Can you give me some examples of monitors that have the best value for their price?

27" IPS not more than 4-5ms 60hz

Ok, understood. However I think that more than 1440p 60Hz is wasted, I mean my 390 can't max a 144Mhz 1440p, so maybe is better to take a 60hz that will be anyway a huge step from a 23" TN panel, am I right?

I'll really like to stay 1440p.

I found this two models:

the Dell U2717 that is coming out soon
the Acer H277HU that is 5ms 144Mhz

I saw that I need to push tthe budget up to around 450€
I heard of the stunning color quality of Dells, only concern is the 8ms response time

Back