• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd boot screens after move

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

data1

Hi,
I moved my PC to another apartment today and I was surprised to see new BIOS screen that stated that there is no harddrives detected. After that the usual BIOS screen shows up which lists all my HDs, like it did before.

The next weird thing that happens is windows boot screen that lets you choose between windows 7 option or recovered windows option. I did not have this option before. other than that everything seems fine, I just dont understand what has changed since I moved the PC? Why the new BIOS screen and option to selected between windows installs?

any ideas?

I don't have an explanation for what you are experiencing necessarily but I suspect either your bios became corrupted or the OS and there was a reinstallation of Windows at some point. I would do two things: I would flash the bios and 2. I would do a health check of the system hard drive and the OS. Run CrystalDiskInfo to check the SMART drive data. Then run this from a command prompt with admin privileges: sfc /scannow. After that, run this command from admin command prompt: chkdsk /f /r.

I would also do a memory diagnostic with memtest86+.

Seems to me something has been corrupted.

Thanks trents. I don't have CrystalDiskInfo but I ran windows disk check for all drives and it did not find any errors. I was suspecting MB battery failure but all BIOS settings seems correct. I solved the boot option screen thing by running msconfig.exe and removing the other boot option from there. I would suspect corrupted data too but everything seems to run fine so I dont know.

Ok I updated BIOS and now I have just one brand new BIOS logo screen... all seems to be fine now.

Back