• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mayhem Glass tubing 12mm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bishopheals

Registered
Hi Guys, I need some info on compression fittings for the following glass tubing I will be using for a custom a build.
The glass tubing I’m purchasing from Mayhem is 12mm, I'd like to use Bitspower or EK compression fittings.
Looking on FrozenCPU compression fittings I dont see anything 12mm its only in fractions. Whats the compression fitting size for the
12mm Mayhem glass tubing?

Thanks in Advance.

The fittings Mayhem sells should work. Or figure out the exact math. If the OD is the same I don't see an issue. Figure it out. Phone calls/emails have always done me good.

Hi Earthdog, I will soon post what I have designed and what I will be purchasing. So far im trying to wrap up with knowing the right fittings. Also to add Im torn between two things and not sure how to get them to work. I want to get the EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-pwm-incl-pump

But I want the EK-RES X3 250 instead of the 140. Not sure how to go about this the less costly route. I think I may have to get both and just replace the tube is all. Also im concern if the acrylic of cracking. Since im a vapor i know certain derivates can crack my RTA tanks. I'm also looking what brand of fluid to get etc. So far its getting there. Ill list the parts when i get home form work on a different thread to get everyones feed back.

My suggestion is to take a look at our guides... that will help with some of the basics you may be missing.

Along those lines, use colored glass/tubing if you want color. We strongly recommend to stay away from colored liquids as they can clog your loop. Distilled + biocide is all you should need on that front.

My suggestion is to take a look at our guides... that will help with some of the basics you may be missing.

Along those lines, use colored glass/tubing if you want color. We strongly recommend to stay away from colored liquids as they can clog your loop. Distilled + biocide is all you should need on that front.

YA I'm aware of the color issues of clogging the loop and increasing temps. Using plain distilled water kinda defeats purpose of using glass tubing.Though nothing cant beat using distilled water for best low temps and possibly a silver in loop for different metals prevent soem algae. I was thinking if i were to use coloring then do a 3 month flush. Use a seperate pump and a GE water filter to get all the crap out of the radiators and use a sonic cleaner for my water blocks. That should do the trick.

Now I changed my mind and will be going with 16mm OD x ID 11mm borosilicate Glass. These Heavy Duty glass pipe can't be bent using regular 400 watt Wagner heat gun. They would need over 1600C. So I will need to cut and use 90 degree female to female fitting to do the turns.

Hmmm, the only benefit I see from that is it doesn't absorb any of the dye. Not really my cup of tea, but I am intrigued to see how it turns out.

:popcorn:

Your other components still suck up dye so I really don't see the benefit of glass tubing...

...not to mention all the 90's that will kill your flow rate and cost an arm and a leg.

...not to mention all the 90's that will kill your flow rate and cost an arm and a leg.

Ya the fittings is what I'm still looking into. I'm guessing it may be like 250-350 bucks on fittings alone. Ill know once i get the rads and pump so I can measure it to get a better estimate of what I need.

Done get me wrong Bishop, I think it would look killer and I'm not trying to dissuade you. I'm just voicing my opinion. This would be perfect for a sponsored build that's paid for by the industry and meant to look awesome for a few shows.

Done get me wrong Bishop, I think it would look killer and I'm not trying to dissuade you. I'm just voicing my opinion. This would be perfect for a sponsored build that's paid for by the industry and meant to look awesome for a few shows.

It's all good bro, I love getting feedback. I appreciate your opinion and welcome everyones opinion. Your right though it be nice if it was sponsered and do a couple of shows etc. This build is going to be a little special to me and I really want to go a bit all out.

Back