• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Nvidia 1080 launch thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the gpu prices at microcenter took a nosedive today, they must be getting the 10xx cards out Friday or Saturday.

The microcenter near me had multiple evga sc 1070s in stock and multiple zotac 1080 amp editions. For 519 and 699, repectively. Making it 70 and 50 over online prices I've been seeing.

My recommendation is to use nowinstock.com with their browser alerts and alarm

yea and on newegg im seeing the cheapest at 409, where are these MSRP cards at. this is just stupid, i get people are going to buy these but at these prices i am just going to wait till they go used. prices just keep getting higher and higher every card release, the smaller process allows more dies per wafer lowering overall costs to a degree. i doubt that they are some how increasing in cost due to R/D, i mean was it that hard to figure out that single precision FP was better for gaming then having more double. it really doesnt seem like that the core should have gotten larger from more S-FP then D-FP, you would figure S-FP would be smaller/simpler in the die then D-FP.

yea and on newegg im seeing the cheapest at 409, where are these MSRP cards at. this is just stupid, i get people are going to buy these but at these prices i am just going to wait till they go used. prices just keep getting higher and higher every card release, the smaller process allows more dies per wafer lowering overall costs to a degree. i doubt that they are some how increasing in cost due to R/D, i mean was it that hard to figure out that single precision FP was better for gaming then having more double. it really doesnt seem like that the core should have gotten larger from more S-FP then D-FP, you would figure S-FP would be smaller/simpler in the die then D-FP.

I'm waiting till they go down in price also, S-FP should be a lower cost along with more dies per wafer with a good yield.

Another jab to tbe potatoes for those that happen to be rocking higher resolution higher refresh... I'm sure a new bios will resolve it. Oy.. :(

It only affects DVi... makes sense. :)

Plenty of ways, well at least A way, around it.

Shouldn't have happened, but, at least it's not a huge deal...

HDMI is basically DVI with extensions, so would that be affected as well?

From the article, it seems like the problem only comes up when the display driver loads so a driver update would likely fix it.

HDMI is basically DVI with extensions, so would that be affected as well?

From the article, it seems like the problem only comes up when the display driver loads so a driver update would likely fix it.
This article makes no mention of it affecting HDMI.

If it affects DVI but not HDMI, why would that be? Could it be something unusual about the DVI output port? Could it be enabling some HDMI specific feature like HDCP (although many DVI monitors support it) or audio?

For those having problems, does it happen if you use a HDMI to DVI adapter or cable? What about a DP to DVI adapter? Has it happened to anyone running a HDMI display from the DVI port through an adapter?

I walked into a nearby Fry's this morning and asked a floor guy to check stock; they had one in the entire country, Austin, TX.

Are you in Austin as well? Because I live next to that Frys :)

I have no issues using DVI but I have only 1080p/60hz displays. On the other hand I have a lot of issues with Win10 and probably drivers. On my brother's PC with GTX980 I had to reinstall windows to make it work without windows crashes as last updates caused issues with power saving and switching between 2D/3D. I couldn't fix it other way and it wasn't related to nvidia drivers. On my PC with GTX1070 I noticed texture flickering/artifacts which was getting only worse... till even text in windows wasn't displaying correctly. At first I thought it's graphics card but in other rig it's working fine. On other nvidia card is exactly the same. I heard that some users were making RMA on GTX1070/1080 because of faulty memory and artifacts but it can be something with Win10, not cards.

Back